Thread: L3Harris selling off EOTech

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

L3Harris selling off EOTech

L3Harris selling off EOTech to American Holoptics

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/07/31/eotech-private-ownership/

What do you guys think the impact maybe on EOTech and the final product?

As I read in the rumor mill at the time, L3Harris brought in their own engineers in order to help square away EOTech during the USG lawsuit related to thermal drift/zeros not holding. Surface level interpretation is that L3Harris involvement/ownership was a good thing. Don't know much about American Holoptics.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post

As I read in the rumor mill at the time, L3Harris brought in their own engineers in order to help square away EOTech during the USG lawsuit related to thermal drift/zeros not holding. Surface level interpretation is that L3Harris involvement/ownership was a good thing. Don't know much about American Holoptics.
    I saw a video report on Eo production process recently that specifically showed equipment used to test thermal drift. Seemed obvious that it was a result of their past failures. Looked impressive, and I do like Eotech. Never heard of Holoptics, and I wonder if I should pick a current production unit now.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I mean, L-3 bought EOTech in 2005, so the thermal drift issue existed under L-3 for a decade before the lawsuit, with the suit alleging that the thermal drift issue was discovered in 2006.

From my dilettante interpretation, it looks like American Holoptics was a holding company created largely for the purpose of of acquiring EOTech; HEL Technologies doesn't seem to have much history, but appears to be focused on R&D, while Elite Defense has been a decent sized distributor/exporter for awhile now. Koucar Management seems to be the asset management company that holds American Holoptics, which makes me quite nervous, considering how Cerberus managed the Freedom Group, though to be fair, Cerberus apparently specialized in distressed investing. Well, as nervous as someone who would never consider a holographic sight could be; maybe the new ownership would consider selling panos to civilians and releasing an NGAL-C? Mmm, fusion panos...
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-06-2020 at 01:37 AM.

User Tag List