Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Do those letters stand for "After George"??
    Hey bud, don’t quit the day job! Kidding aside, I asked them to put a “G” in the serial number to identify new units, but they didn’t share my enthusiasm for the idea. It just worked out that the last units were “AF” and AG happened to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You haven't broken any yet? How many rounds?
    Many thousands on the prototypes. I have seen AG units in the field and they have the new boards and all the improvements.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I saw some pics of the revised Holosuns. It's V1 buttons with a V2 side load battery. Unfortunate, as I really like the V2 buttons on my 507s and 407K and 507K.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I saw some pics of the revised Holosuns. It's V1 buttons with a V2 side load battery. Unfortunate, as I really like the V2 buttons on my 507s and 407K and 507K.
    As predicted. It's too bad. Maybe Holosun prevails on the patent suit and goes back to the new buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Link?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I’m still surprised that a Chinese optic company is doing so well. Seems to be more popular than Trijicon and Aimpoint on the site lately. They must really be good.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m still surprised that a Chinese optic company is doing so well. Seems to be more popular than Trijicon and Aimpoint on the site lately. They must really be good.
    I know there is a common belief that China = low quality, but the reality is quite different. For an equivalent amount of investment you can get a higher quality product from China than you can in the US. I've worked with and toured some impressive facilities in China that put domestic manufacturing to shame.

Notice I said can get higher quality. Quality isn't cheap, and there is no shortage of bad vendors.

I'm not saying it's right, good, wrong, etc, just that it's reality. Even businesses with domestic manufacturing frequently need to expand their footprint to China because setting up certain processes in NA aren't financially viable due to labor, environmental, or tax concerns.

I've been a part of multiple efforts to bring certain products back to NA, but ultimately we always hit a roadblock and are forced to source at least some content overseas and perform final assembly in NA. Even that represents a significant cost increase and typically opens up MORE opportunities for quality problems as you have to bring more vendors into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I know there is a common belief that China = low quality, but the reality is quite different.
    Times change

Site Supporter
    Slight thread drift/rant

China made products from Apple and Arc'teryx, are but two companies whose product enjoy immense popularity in their respective markets.

Both make a superlative product thru exceptional design, vigorous ongoing/onsite QC, often under contractual obligation to do so, with suppliers to the final product i.e. Gore Inc/Goretex Fabrics and Arc'teryx.

Just my humble opinion, certainly subject to change if someone could make a compelling case to the contrary-People should be able to buy what they want from where they want. Manufacturers and retailers should be transparent re the Country of Origin. That way, consumers have all the information necessary to assess the intersections of quality, value, price and any increases or decreasing of the same based on the Country of Origin.

This is particularly true, but not exclusive so, of publicly traded companies and/or companies who receive or have received any type of taxpayer assistance i.e tax incentives etc.

Name:  Screenshot_20200902-091342_Instagram.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  36.6 KB

Screenshot from holosun ig account
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List