Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Question for the experienced RDS users. Just ordered my first RDS pistol, LTT 92 RDO. Provided that works out well, I will be sending my current slide for milling.

Given the pending redesign, would you just wait for the newer model with the thought that if I end up with multiple RDS having a “standard” button layout would be beneficial.

Or grab one of the current models understanding that future models will likely have a different button layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There is no standard button layout. HS has 2 different a designs (V1 and V2), heck they may have a third one if they didn't go back to V1 layout. Vortex has their buttons, Sig has their button layout as does Trijicon. I'm far from an expert, but the ONLY worry i have about getting the V2 lay-out would be warranty issues. If you have to send it back there is little too no way they will rework a unit that is in violation of patents, so you may get a new unit. Good or bad.. who knows at this time.

I have Trijicon on my milled G19X and HS on my G19MOS. Button layout isn't a concern for me. Depending on how you set the HS up the firmware will limit what you can immediately do with the buttons. On AUTO mode you have to hold the + button down till the dot blinks and goes into Manual mode. Not doing that in an emergency situation. I usually find a useful brightness and leave it there. The AUTO tends to be too dim for my crappy eyes in almost all conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Question for the experienced RDS users. Just ordered my first RDS pistol, LTT 92 RDO. Provided that works out well, I will be sending my current slide for milling.

Given the pending redesign, would you just wait for the newer model with the thought that if I end up with multiple RDS having a “standard” button layout would be beneficial.

Or grab one of the current models understanding that future models will likely have a different button layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would go with an optic made by a company that isn’t changing their flagship optic every six months.

Look, the optic on a fighting pistol has ONE JOB. That is, to put a visible sighting reference on the place you wish to send a bullet, every time. For me that is why I use the Trijicon RMR.

I won’t buy this Holosun nonsense for one simple reason (besides not wanting to line the pockets of the CCP). I want consistency.

My guess is that this change is being done to avoid having sales stopped if an injunction is granted. My prediction is V1 buttons and V2 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I would go with an optic made by a company that isn’t changing their flagship optic every six months.

Look, the optic on a fighting pistol has ONE JOB. That is, to put a visible sighting reference on the place you wish to send a bullet, every time. For me that is why I use the Trijicon RMR.

I won’t buy this Holosun nonsense for one simple reason (besides not wanting to line the pockets of the CCP). I want consistency.
    While the optics choices of 2020 are a lot better than in years past, none of them are perfection. The RMR type 2’s major improvement is what — we don’t need to put tape on the bottom of the 2032 battery to keep it from intermittently flickering off. The main advantage of an RMR to me, is it uses the same footprint as a SRO and multiple Holosun models. I expect the optics to keep getting better, but once you have a slide milled you are wedded to that footprint. A bunch of us have slides milled for the DP Pro that are gathering dust.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I'm new to rds use, but from my current perspective I don't think it matters. You are either going to set it to some sort of auto brightness, which the buttons won't be very important, or you will find a setting that you like on a manual mode and leave it there (unless it's an acro and you have to adjust every 20 minutes based on lighting conditions to maximize battery life).

The dots I've used so far (lower end stuff mostly) were fairly intuitive and didn't take much brain power to adjust once you have them initially setup.
    The position of the brightness / intensity controls is an administrative handling issue - it has no effect on practical use of the optics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A bunch of us have slides milled for the DP Pro that are gathering dust.
    Any update on the upgraded DPs that you were working with?

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Any update on the upgraded DPs that you were working with?
    They seem good to go. I believe new units with the last two letters “AG” incorporate all the improvements.

Site Supporter
    They seem good to go. I believe new units with the last two letters “AG” incorporate all the improvements.
    Do those letters stand for "After George"??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

You haven't broken any yet? How many rounds?

I think Trijicon should change their marketing slogan to reflect their decisive technology advantage in red dot pistol sights.

How about something like — “Trijicon, the manufacturer of red dot pistol optics for discriminating shooters that require their + and - to be on the vertical extension and not just anywhere on the base of the optic.”

(Moved this from the other Holosun thread to here, where it belongs)

User Tag List