Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Maybe Trijicon should focus on fixing the SRO and building a properly hooded optic...and they wouldn't have to sue Holosun.

Why compete when you can sue?

Trijicons patent is pretty narrow: an open emitter mrds with buttons on both upright portions of the housing.

Looking at the V1 and V2 Holosuns I don't see how they infringe.

Trijicon must think they are losing a lot of revenue to go after them. I really don't think it's worth their time.

Chinese companies have absolutely no respect for intellectual property and i firmly support trijicon’s decision to file this action. Patent litigation is the sport of kings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Chinese companies have absolutely no respect for intellectual property and i firmly support trijicon’s decision to file this action. Patent litigation is the sport of kings, though.
    I am not familiar with the particulars of Holosun’s ownership structure. I looked at “About Us” on the website and there wasn’t much there. Who owns Holosun and what exactly is the China connection — ownership, design, manufacture?

Does anyone know exactly what the intellectual property is that Holosun allegedly stole? Surely it is more than buttons on the side.

Without taking a position on the litigation, as I am not informed sufficiently to have an opinion, I do note that Holosun has done more innovating of red dot sights than most others.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Funny how everyone's pro American until it affects their wallet.

Understand I'm a free market guy...... As long as property is respected.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Maybe Trijicon should focus on fixing the SRO and building a properly hooded optic...and they wouldn't have to sue Holosun.

Why compete when you can sue?
    In all fairness the number of problems with the SRO are par for the course for any pistol RDS. But I agree that Trijicon has been slow to change. Just look at how little the RMR has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    While there is no shortage of Chinese companies creating fraudulent knock-off products, HOLOSUN doesn't fit into that category. I'd also say that no one "respects" IP. I've worked as a mechanical engineer in product development for the last 15 years. All companies go after their competitors as aggressively as they can, or as aggressively as the board lets them. Ive lost count of the number of times I've been tasked with designing around a competitors patent, and I've only ever worked for American, European, and Japanese companies.

If someone had asked me to get around Trijicon's patent I would have done something similar. Their claims are very narrow and easy to workaround. My non-lawyer opinion is Trijicon doesn't have a leg to stand on, unless there is another filing that I'm not seeing.

Site Supporter
    Last edited by HCM; 08-05-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    @vcdgrips or anybody with law or patent law experience. Would Trijicon requesting a jury trial reveal anything about how their law firm views the merits of the case.

Ie if it’s a strong technical case for patent infringement get it in front of a judge who is used to dealing with and understands complex patent laws vs put it front of a jury and pull out the ‘ol Chinese made scopes company stole good American technology and is costing jobs for good Americans.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @vcdgrips or anybody with law or patent law experience. Would Trijicon requesting a jury trial reveal anything about how their law firm views the merits of the case.

Ie if it’s a strong technical case for patent infringement get it in front of a judge who is used to dealing with and understands complex patent laws vs put it front of a jury and pull out the ‘ol Chinese made scopes company stole good American technology and is costing jobs for good Americans.
    Jury trials scare defendants because feelings can become award multipliers. If you are considering settling prior to going to trial, the suit, having a jury hanging over the defendant can favorably influence the settlement amount.

User Tag List