Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts was in the comments saying something along the lines of - Wait until you see what's coming next.
    From Holosun or Trijicon?

I thought he was on the Trijicon payroll, so I assume the latter? Or has he changed teams?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    From Holosun or Trijicon?

I thought he was on the Trijicon payroll, so I assume the latter? Or has he changed teams?
    Maybe Vortex. He was with Trijicon for a couple years but went over to Vortex. Vortex supposedly has had a new pistol RDS in the works for a while now.

He might be repoing for Holosun or it could be something her was NDA’ed on while he was with Trijicon.

Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Fisher has been pushing Holosuns on pistols pretty hard for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe Vortex. He was with Trijicon for a couple years but went over to Vortex. Vortex supposedly has had a new pistol RDS in the works for a while now.

He might be repoing for Holosun or it could be something her was NDA’ed on while he was with Trijicon.
    I'm rooting for Vortex to come out with a good offering. The lockout screws on the rear of the Viper were a terrible idea, as was the 6 MOA dot as the only option. Their other dots are too tall. If they can release a pistol optic design that made sense I'd be tempted, because with Vortex warranty would be really reassuring in this optic category. Hint for Vortex, nobody wants auto shutoff without shake awake. Just no.

Coincidence that this lawsuit and settlement is perfectly timed to make Holosun optics unobtainable just in time for the RMRcc release?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    China made products
    vigorous ongoing/onsite QC
    I had a friend who worked for a company that sourced products from China, and he said, IIRC, that there was an industry term like "product fade", where even if the initial order met the spec from the bid, subsequent orders would slowly fall farther from spec. Like if a sewn item started at 10 stitches per inch, you'd get the next order in and it'd be 9 stitches per inch. Ya you'd complain and they'd make more, but it was a battle of constant vigilance to keep this product fade from occurring.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Manufacturers and retailers should be transparent re the Country of Origin. That way, consumers have all the information necessary to assess the intersections of quality, value, price and any increases or decreasing of the same based on the Country of Origin.

This is particularly true, but not exclusive so, of publicly traded companies and/or companies who receive or have received any type of taxpayer assistance i.e tax incentives etc.
    If there is one bit of regulation that I would add when it comes to business and my personal experience as a consumer, it would be this. For example, in Holosun's case it was pointed out in the first couple pages of this thread, regarding their website. Can someone tell me if anything indicating 'made in' or 'product of' or 'assembled in US of global components' or any variant thereof indicated in a Holosun dot's packaging, documentation, or on the piece itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I had a friend who worked for a company that sourced products from China, and he said, IIRC, that there was an industry term like "product fade", where even if the initial order met the spec from the bid, subsequent orders would slowly fall farther from spec. Like if a sewn item started at 10 stitches per inch, you'd get the next order in and it'd be 9 stitches per inch. Ya you'd complain and they'd make more, but it was a battle of constant vigilance to keep this product fade from occurring.
    A friend is the CTO/CIO for a company that makes whaleshit (think Pier 1 and Crate and Barrel) and this has always been a huge problem with their Chinese sourced stuff. They do a lot of ceramic and glass, and over time things tend to shrink. Plus, they need to test every sample - it’s amazing how much hazardous stuff gets slipped in. They had to pay to have an entire order of rubber doorstops hazmat disposed due to sky high lead content.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

He's working for the highest bidder.

I've been saying this for a long time ... be very careful listening to the "famous" trainers for product advice. Most don't disclose who gave them free products, much less their formal business deals.

He's one of the last people I'd turn to for an unbiased opinion.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    He's working for the highest bidder.

I've been saying this for a long time ... be very careful listening to the "famous" trainers for product advice. Most don't disclose who gave them free products, much less their formal business deals.

He's one of the last people I'd turn to for an unbiased opinion.
    Moving around is standard in the gun industry.

Fisher is not a YouTuber doing a positive review for a free optic. He makes a living in the gun and training industry. Part of what he does is repping products and part is testing and product development.

How much weight to give his, or anyone else’s recommendations comes down to that persons integrity and one way they stay legit is by being selective in who they work for. Fact is at a certain level brands are equivalent enough just a matter of Ford or Chevy. There is actually more difference in certain models / product lines or reticles in a product line than there is between brands.

User Tag List