Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Suing Holosun; Patent Infringement

Site Supporter
    The absolute commitment on the part of the Chinese to, in an organized (dare I say criminal) pattern, steal Western technology, knock it off and undersell those who did the work deserves lots more legal actions like this.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m surprised Leupold hasn’t sued Holosun and SIG over the shake awake technology.
    Sig's optics are Holosun, just assembled in the US.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Sig's optics are Holosun, just assembled in the US.
    AFAIK only the ones mandated by GOV contract to be Berry Act compliant are assembled here from Chinese parts kits. The rest of the SIG red dot optics are just straight up made in China..

However, it seems like SIG hired away a bunch of Leupold optics people who then designed SIG optics with the shake awake tech Leupold developed. SIG then contract to make those optics in China at Holosun and all of a sudden Holosun optics have shake awake tech too. Funny how that works.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    AFAIK only the ones mandated by GOV contract to be Berry Act compliant are assembled here from Chinese parts kits. The rest of the SIG red dot optics are just straight up made in China..

However, it seems like SIG hired away a bunch of Leupold optics people who then designed SIG optics with the shake awake tech Leupold developed. SIG then contract to make those optics in China at Holosun and all of a sudden Holosun optics have shake awake tech too. Funny how that works.
    This whole thing is just.....icky. Ironic I suppose that the Holosun optics are generally superior to the Sig optics in almost every metric.

The only Sig optic I'm interested in really is the upcoming Romeo 2. Supposedly that one will also be produced entirely in their northwest US plant. We'll see, i guess.

I kinda like my Romeo3XL, which is marked 'Made in Japan' on the bottom. For whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    I kinda like my Romeo3XL, which is marked 'Made in Japan' on the bottom. For whatever that's worth.
    Same with the Romeo 3 Max, which I understand is made in Japan at the same plant that makes the C More RTS2.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Same with the Romeo 3 Max, which I understand is made in Japan at the same plant that makes the C More RTS2.
    Name:  CAA1BF8C-CED4-45D9-9F48-5D032B2D8CDB.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  8C458E64-45FD-41D1-8114-21867467E4BD.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  37.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    This whole thing is just.....icky. Ironic I suppose that the Holosun optics are generally superior to the Sig optics in almost every metric.

The only Sig optic I'm interested in really is the upcoming Romeo 2. Supposedly that one will also be produced entirely in their northwest US plant. We'll see, i guess.
    Not sure what your supposition is based on since Holosun, SIGs RDS and Primary arms were all made in the same factory, admittedly each to their own specifications. SIG now makes some stuff in Japan and the Philippines, likely the same plants Vortex uses. Given the use of “assembled in” there is no telling if the parts kits are coming from China.

SIGs optic division was founded with head hunted Leupold employees. It’s not an accident SIGs optics division is on Oregon instead of NH. So Holosun makes what ever SIG OR specifies for the SIG optics.

Kind of like how FN makes slightly different barrels for PSA, BCM, Noveske and Hodge.

SIGs RDS optics come in different grades and have evolved just like everyone else’s. The current (3rd) generation SIG Romeo 1Pro (and the similar 1T) have passed my agency’s testing and is currently in use by our SRT teams as the final phase of a broader employment of RDS pistols.

Sig also won the FBI Carbine optic contract after a thorough comet I’ve test. While they haven’t belt up like the Aimpoint H2s they have held up reasonably well. The most negative thing about the whole Romeo 4M deal is the “assembled in USA” shenanigans.

Holosun USA has done a better job getting their newest optics out on the market in a timely fashion, communicating with customers and being consistent with things like mounting patterns. Though Leupold was never great at that either.

SIG literally had a chart for LE dealers showing the mounting compatibility (and non-compatability) of their various MRDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Bloomberg’s take: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...titor-s-sights

As someone who has had multiple product designs shamelessly and obviously directly copied by Chinese makers, to the point where even decoration and branding was copied, I will follow this with some interest.
    Ha! Side track, but I once had a design copied so fast that an error I made on the design was copied. Guess the thieves didn’t get the memo about the update before production tooling. Aside from performance, as in their product sucked monkey balls, that error was a ginormous red flag.

I’m glad Trijicon is doing it’s thing to defend IP. I hate IP theft. But I do wish they would get in with some innovation. I’m ok with paying the price for one, their lack of anything in the subcompact market is the reason I started to look at Holosun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    The absolute commitment on the part of the Chinese to, in an organized (dare I say criminal) pattern, steal Western technology, knock it off and undersell those who did the work deserves lots more legal actions like this.
    And that theft amounts to 300-400 billion dollars annually in the US.
    Too many US corporations have inadequate cyber security.
    The Chinese are going to great lengths to steal vaccine info related to Covid 19, as are the Russians, Iranians and NKs.
    My source is a recent non classified CIA clandestine brief for our company.
    Shumba

User Tag List