Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From a Glock to a 2011: What to Know?

Do not fucking do it.....

Unless you have lots of money, time, ammo, your own private range and can afford duplicates of everything.

And if you have all that - you should be smart to avoid 2011’s

Seriously

Dont listen to @Duke!!!

I may just be trying to make myself feel better about the 2011 builds I have going on right now...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Figure out if you are 100 percent at depressing the grip safety to reliably make the pistol go bang when you want it to.

Here's a video that details those issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz4_rRH74U0

Should that become an issue, there are a number of modifications that can help. (both for the 1911, I don't know if there is an analogous solution for the 2011 platform)

1. Wilson Combat's V-Grip mainspring housing might help
    2. Caspian's Grip safety might do the trick...

If you have a hard time reaching the thumb safety, you can purchase a medium or low thumb safety.....

To paraphrase Hilton Yam, consider the 2011 a "closed-loop, system".
    So if you are big into the "tinker-toy" aspect of 1911's, you should probably reconsider.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    To paraphrase Hilton Yam, consider the 2011 a "closed-loop, system".
    So if you are big into the "tinker-toy" aspect of 1911's, you should probably reconsider.
    This^^.

And current production mags or MBX mags only.

The current (2017 or 2018 and up) STI/Staccato magazines are the only magazines. Buy a couple every time you order gun parts. Brownells and Dawson seem to have them the cheapest.

How’s it going with the C2 @Chance?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    How’s it going with the C2 @Chance?
    Nothing to report. With the ammo situation, it will not be seeing any real trigger time for the foreseeable future.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List