Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 trigger/trigger bow

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’ve heard about but not seen the Harrison style trigger. Makes good sense, though if I was fitting one I think I’d be biased toward more overtravel than exactly none. Overtravel is compliance.
    Most definitely.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Name:  Greenshot 2020-08-08 12.03.43.png
Views: 160
Size:  53.8 KB

Some advocate filing/stoning back the lower edge of the rear of the trigger bow to reduce the chance of the bow pushing the leaf spring off the sear and disconnector. It takes 5 minutes so I do it.

With regards to the over travel screw, too many people adjust this too aggressively. They want minimal overtavel, but end up with the hammer halfcock notch/ledge making contact with the sear as the hammer falls. Obviously, this has longterm consequences.

With the trigger pressed fully to the rear, use your thumb to run the hammer through its range of motion. You should not feel any contact between the hammer and sear. If you feel anything, back that screw out.

If you alter the shape of the trigger bow, Brownells has a die that restores the shape.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I appreciate the input, Greg.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I put short harrison triggers in 2 guns. I love them. I just switched them back out as I found that after a lot of DA revolver shooting I was using to much finger on the trigger and my shots were right. With a longer trigger i cant put as much finger on it

Projects completed.

Name:  IMG_20200827_220240450[1].jpg
Views: 99
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20200827_220254516[1].jpg
Views: 97
Size:  51.2 KB

The difference is subtle, but significant for me, I think. Range time will tell the tale.

While fitting the trigger to the Ruger, I discovered a burr in the trigger raceway that was bearing on the factory trigger. I would not have noticed this absent this project.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Name:  Greenshot 2020-08-08 12.03.43.png
Views: 160
Size:  53.8 KB

Some advocate filing/stoning back the lower edge of the rear of the trigger bow to reduce the chance of the bow pushing the leaf spring off the sear and disconnector. It takes 5 minutes so I do it.

With regards to the over travel screw, too many people adjust this too aggressively. They want minimal overtavel, but end up with the hammer halfcock notch/ledge making contact with the sear as the hammer falls. Obviously, this has longterm consequences.

With the trigger pressed fully to the rear, use your thumb to run the hammer through its range of motion. You should not feel any contact between the hammer and sear. If you feel anything, back that screw out.

If you alter the shape of the trigger bow, Brownells has a die that restores the shape.
    This was invaluable to me while filing down the overtravel stops. Thank you.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List