Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Air Rifles

Site Supporter
    Investigating the legality of popping some tree rats AKA gray squirrels here since the little bastards chewed up fuel lines on both my pickup and my neighbor's car at the tune of $300 damages for each.
    Squirrel season just started here about ten days ago. Just need to see if my county ordinances allow it.
    If so, a decent .177 should work well.
    Any suggestions for a squirrel capable .177 for less than $200?

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Investigating the legality of popping some tree rats AKA gray squirrels here since the little bastards chewed up fuel lines on both my pickup and my neighbor's car at the tune of $300 damages for each.
    Squirrel season just started here about ten days ago. Just need to see if my county ordinances allow it.
    Buddy Sorry I didnt get a notification on your post. How far are you shooting? Im assuming you want something like a break barrel. Ill ask him and get back to you.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Does it need to be quiet?

Let the project begin. Waiting on a few more accessories. Thats a .25 Benjamin Marauder synthetic stock Gen2 PCP.
    A Hawke Sidewinder FFP MIL reticle 6-24x53.

Name:  23DF4B89-903E-4C86-A8D6-A2AA883DE6A1.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  44.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Nice rifle! I was offered a good deal on a .177 Armada (same gun, different stock) recently, which got me thinking.

Does it come with an orange tip? Especially on the .25, it seems strange. Orange (on airsoft, for example) should mean “this isn’t dangerous”, not “this will kill you, but no worries—it doesn’t use gunpowder”.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Nice rifle! I was offered a good deal on a .177 Armada (same gun, different stock) recently, which got me thinking.

Does it come with an orange tip? Especially on the .25, it seems strange. Orange (on airsoft, for example) should mean “this isn’t dangerous”, not “this will kill you, but no worries—it doesn’t use gunpowder”.
    No it shipped with that. A muzzle protector. It slips off. Ive already put it back in the box until all the accessories arrive. I guess I need to get a range case ordered.

Hes not a fan of springers and recommended you take a look at the Sheridan Blue Streak. I looked online and found this review, https://www.pyramydair.com/article/S...bo_May_2008/50 . He also mentioned Dailey makes a similar gun.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Let the project begin. Waiting on a few more accessories. Thats a .25 Benjamin Marauder synthetic stock Gen2 PCP.
    A Hawke Sidewinder FFP MIL reticle 6-24x53.

Name:  23DF4B89-903E-4C86-A8D6-A2AA883DE6A1.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  44.5 KB

Nice! I have an Avenger in .25 and it really preforms. I have shot 2 ground hogs so far this summer and gotten complete pass through shooting 34gr heavys. Standard 24gr pellets have about 50% pass through on gray squirrels. My furthest shot was 86 yards one one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Nice! I have an Avenger in .25 and it really preforms. I have shot 2 ground hogs so far this summer and gotten complete pass through shooting 34gr heavys. Standard 24gr pellets have about 50% pass through on gray squirrels. My furthest shot was 86 yards one one.
    Sweet. Im looking forward to tapping the starlings. Do you know your fps for the 34gn? What scope do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Sweet. Im looking forward to tapping the starlings. Do you know your fps for the 34gn? What scope do you have?
    I have the Athelon Talos 4x16x40. I have been happy with because most of what I am doing is shots under 60 yards or so. I haven't shot across the chronograph yet. I have my shot regulator tune to 2100 psi if that helps. I need to have a day with the chronograph soon for some ammo I loaded up and plan on seeing what all this pellet rifle will do with different pellets that I have.

User Tag List