Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Air Rifles

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Hes not a fan of springers and recommended you take a look at the Sheridan Blue Streak. I looked online and found this review, https://www.pyramydair.com/article/S...bo_May_2008/50 . He also mentioned Dailey makes a similar gun.
    I had a blue streak in .22 as a teen and can report it is quite lethal on squirrels.

My buddy has been asked to make a brake for one of these. The recoil has been described as comparable to a heavy shotgun load.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Hes been asked to build a .50 cal air break resembling Barrets I think. Like the air rifle in the vid above.

In progress
    Name:  15F8F9E6-7FD8-4959-9E6A-C21188FDF35E.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  37.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    I have been teaching my not quite 6-year old son to shoot a .177 spring piston Feinwerkbau M65. I just bought an FX Royale BOSS repeater in .30 caliber and an Airforce TexanLSS single shot in .510 caliber, because go big or go home. Any suggestions of ammo and accessories would be appreciated.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    I have been teaching my not quite 6-year old son to shoot a .177 spring piston Feinwerkbau M65. I just bought an FX Royale BOSS repeater in .30 caliber and an Airforce TexanLSS single shot in .510 caliber, because go big or go home. Any suggestions of ammo and accessories would be appreciated.
    I can ask my buddy which pellets he recommends for that rifle.

10.5gn crossman premiers

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    10.5gn crossman premiers
    Looking for .30 caliber tips.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

This is from a gun my buddy recently worked on. .45cal it looks like a cannon barrel with that thick wall.
    It came to him shooting 210gn at 510 fps. He sent it back launching 350gn at 750fps or 167gn at 1000fps.
    Its the customers coyote gun he had complete pass through on one unlucky coyote at 75yds

Name:  6742418B-3E39-4DCC-BAE4-9E0EBC276C0D.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  7CC9787E-C60C-46FC-92EF-F205FF101F4B.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  69.2 KB

Looking for .30 caliber tips.
    I apologize for not answering quickly. Heres his response

Fx hybrid slugs. JSB Monster pellets. Several out there to shoose from. Idk what FX Twist rate is. My barrels are 1:26 and like most everything I've heard of. Especially 44 through 78gr pellets and bullets.

I know that slugging the barrel is part of his process of choosing a pellet/bullet.
    Sometimes he will recommend a resizing die.
    Last edited by UNK; 05-10-2023 at 08:34 PM.

User Tag List