Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Factory 9mm 1911 milled for RDS (RMR preferred)

RFI: Factory 9mm 1911 milled for RDS (RMR preferred)

I would appreciate any suggestions for a single stack (10 round max) 9mm 1911 (NO 2011 - state restrictions) that is factory milled for RDS. I would strongly prefer Gov 5" as it would be a "just because" gun.
    I saw Staccato R - and am seriously considering it, except it lacks the factory RMR machining.
    Staccato P Duo is a contender, although I would prefer Gov frame.
    What other pistols are there? Ideally, the budget would be $1500-2000 max.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I would appreciate any suggestions for a single stack (10 round max) 9mm 1911 (NO 2011 - state restrictions) that is factory milled for RDS. I would strongly prefer Gov 5" as it would be a "just because" gun.
    I saw Staccato R - and am seriously considering it, except it lacks the factory RMR machining.
    SA is only offering 10mm and 45.

The only other factory 1911 option in your price range is kimber.

I would suggest buying a good 4" or 4,25" 1911 (Dan Wesson) and having it cut for a dot once you vet the gun.

I have SAI Range Officer Elite. I would prefer to leave it stock, but may just bite the bullet.

In 9mm choices are slim...

Kimber has the KHX series in 9mm.

RSR Group has an exclusive Springfield Armory Operator with RMR, but only in .45. There are 10mm TRPs out there as well via other distributors.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I have SAI Range Officer Elite. I would prefer to leave it stock, but may just bite the bullet.
    The SA factory guns use the Trijicon 1911 RMR mounting / BUIS. Wilson Combat (among others) can install these.

Ed Brown has the EVO series of pistols, but they are ~$3,000 and are milled for the Vortex Venom. My limited experience is EB has not yet cracked the 9x19 code.

The best way forward might be to find a 1911 that has what you want/need, verify it runs, and have it milled for the RMR by a reputable company like L&M Precision Gunworks (Mark Housel).

Andy - a couple of thoughts:

1. As others have noted, choices are slim for factory optics ready 1911s
    2. The Staccato P is a 2011 frame - more than 10 round mag capacity, and, given Buck's issues with "unfuckered" Staccato P mags, I wouldn't want to try neutered versions
    3. The Staccato C Duo is a 4" pistol, single stack CCO style. It'll meet your state capacity problem.
    4. Most "smart" 1911 guys insist that anything over Commander length slides are more likely to be problematic with 9mms; I think that would be even more so in a pistol with the added weight of a red dot on the slide
    5. The RMR is sort of "wide", and might not "blend" very well with a 1911 slide. The C Duo is "factory" milled for the Shield/Romeo-0/407K/507K "mini" pistol RDS.

I remember somebody showing an option to supply an accessory plate with a rear sight dovetail that could be screwed back on in place of the RMR, in case you decided you didn't like it?

Site Supporter
    One option you should explore is the Dan Wesson Custom shop. I'm not sure what the costs would be, but they will customize any of their factory offerings, and I do believe RMR cuts is a service they offer.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/custom/

It's not an off the shelf offering, but it would be a well known 1911 platform being modified by the OEM.

Site Supporter
    Andy T.

I had the milling done by ZR Tactical Solutions. They milled my slide and supplied the Trijicon Mount and Front sight and did the installation. They did a great job, and turnaround was fast. I customized the Novak Rail and did the installation on it and all other work on my pistol. I really love the pistol and the way it turned out. Hope this helps.

Name:  1911 Rail.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  34.7 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List