Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grip, trigger control and trigger speed

I think this is where Ben Stoeger's double drill really shines. I have spent a lot of time recently experimenting with this and have learned a tremendous amount; especially how much tension I need in my strong hand (spoiler .... not nearly as much as I thought). I get my best results in grouping and splits with a "relaxed" strong hand and crushing the grip with my weak hand.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AGR416 View Post
    1st shot: 1.02
    2nd: .17
    3rd: .13
    4th: .14
    5th: .14
    6th: .15

I don't really see the practicality of shooting splits fast as I do in that video, but I am pretty consistent shooting this drill clean in 1,8X from 7.

From a practical shooting perspective, shooting sooner is better than shooting faster. On the last two strings today my draw was sub 0.9 seconds.
    (*Bold emphasis above added by me.)

Great technical shooting. I wholeheartedly agree with your assertion concerning practical application of split times sought by high-performing technical shooters.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List