Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To Press out... or not? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Wow, this has got to be one of the greatest busts of a two faced troll I've ever seen online. You're something else, actually trying to invoke individuals to actively troll this forum via your facebook group.

"Ok here is a great chance to Troll! I dare you guys to defend the press out!" That is a direct cut and paste quote of yours that also includes a direct link to the press out thread here.

"Ben Stoeger Just having a bit of fun.... that and Todd has attacked me personally a couple times so I am being a child about it." And there's the cut and paste of your response in that thread to the first group member up asking why the need to troll a forum.
    I posted that to him with full knowledge that he is a staff member here. None of what I posted was done in secret. There have even been a couple people that are members of the facebook group post on here and they didn't "troll", they actually posted about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Stoeger View Post
    . Yes I flat out say I started this thread to troll… but then look at what I and others from the face book group posted in the thread.
    I've found Ben's posts to be abrupt and blunt... And very interesting. I think we've benefitted from his disagreements, no matter what he calls them.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Yes I flat out say I started this thread to troll…
    If it is not your intent to cause grief, then I suggest you become more precise in your use of language.

Otherwise we will be forced to take you at your word and act accordingly.

Encouraging discussion is fine. Encouraging "trolling" is not.

I find it irksome that some of the people in your orbit have become problems that I and other staff members have to deal with. I have no interest in cleaning up the mess of people you recruit to "troll" the forum.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If it is not your intent to cause grief, then I suggest you become more precise in your use of language.

Otherwise we will be forced to take you at your word and act accordingly.

Encouraging discussion is fine. Encouraging "trolling" is not.
    Maybe instead of "taking me at my word" you could go cruise my facebook group "Team Doodie Project" and get a sense of what is posted there. There is lots of joking around, foul language, and serious topics discussed. Much of the content would be found objectionable on a forum like this. If you take things posted on “Team Doodie Project” seriously, you would also think that I believe a certain shooting team to be comprised of Ninjas and that the group is devoted to running females out of the shooting sports.

If you would like to cross post things out of the context of a group that is all about joking around (I think the name Doodie Project would clue people in on this) and then hold me accountable for them that is totally fine with me. I just don’t think it would make a great deal of sense.

Maybe instead of "taking me at my word" you could go cruise my facebook group "Team Doodie Project" and get a sense of what is posted there.
    This isn't a discussion. It's a direction.

Just like everyone else, your participation on Pistol-Forum.com is contingent upon obeying the rules of the site. We don't tolerate people using this forum as a base to recruit efforts to troll other sites, nor will we allow it to be a target for someone asking the ether "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

I don't care what happens on facebook. I do care when people show up here and cause trouble. I want it to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I don't care what happens on facebook. I do care when people show up here and cause trouble. I want it to stop.
    When someone acting at my direction shows up here and then causes trouble that I directed him to cause, then I will tell him to stop.

I think you just might overestimate the amount of control I have over these guys.

When someone acting at my direction shows up here and then causes trouble that I directed him to cause, then I will tell him to stop.

I think you just might overestimate the amount of control I have over these guys.
    You have to realize how thoroughly incredible that statement is.

Well, it can't be said that we didn't try to be reasonable.

Have it your way.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-07-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Exactly the problem: there will be -- by your estimate -- a thousand variables. You think someone under stress is going to switch from "eating dinner" to "tactical variable processing machine" in the blink of an eye?
    Yep! I know it. Cause I've done it. Stopping the abduction of a woman by two perps in a extremely dynamic event and steering through car wrecks for starters. A few other encounters with criminals that utilized unconventional methods not previously "learned". All of those involved actions which I've never heard of being included in a tactical training course. And gunfighters have been doing it for a century. The weapon of the mind trumps technique. The technique if a tool for the mind. Even muscle memory is a tool of the mind. I'm quite certain a trained individual can prevail with either draw stroke. They have.

Is the counterpoint to my point that the press out draw relieves one of most, some or all of these challenges?
    Last edited by JHC; 06-07-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well... I meant make contact with... as in start to pull the trigger... but what about any or all of those? I don't see a point to limiting the conversation to any one idea or question.
    I'm just trying to frame the concept for my own understanding.

You are a better competitor and shooter than I am, so I am naturally interested in your view and execution of the concept.

I have been teaching beginner through "advanced" pistol shooters for about 12 years now, and I have noticed an increase in speed and precision of first shots after I brought the concept and practice of the press out into my curriculum. Before that, there were greater incidents of anticipation when the trigger was met or greatest trigger travel distance was done at extension instead of at an earlier time in the presentation. I do agree that it is a function of less than perfect trigger control and pre ignition push, but I am unsure of how to bring the necessary level of trigger control proficiency and anticipation avoidance into a class setting without using the pressout concept.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

We are diminished
    This forum has plenty of examples going back to the very beginning of people disagreeing about things -- including more than one debate about the press out. Those threads don't get locked. Those participants don't get banned.

This forum also has a few examples of people who feign interest in a topic while actually trying to instigate problems, who actively recruit people via other social media to troll pistol-forum.com, and/or who act barely within the lines of propriety in public but are belligerent, disrespectful, and hostile in PMs with Staff. Those participants get banned.

When a group of people purposely start a thread for the purpose of stirring up trouble, it's difficult to separate who is offering sincere commentary and who is just pushing buttons to cause trouble. As such, while this thread may indeed have had some potential value it currently serves no purpose but to grant a small group of trolls exactly what they wanted.

User Tag List