Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Beirut explosion

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Stunning, and horrible. Thanks for posting this, @TiroFijo.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Not shocked in the slightest. I would find it quite reasonable that the legal requests didn't go anywhere because the correct bribes were not paid. I learned firsthand that hiring a lawyer is foolish, hire a fixer instead. Saves time, money, and it's effective.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Thanks for that. This is a curiously passive statement:

...The 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate were then transferred to warehouse 12 in the port of Beirut

So who ordered that I wonder, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks for that. This is a curiously passive statement:

...The 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate were then transferred to warehouse 12 in the port of Beirut

So who ordered that I wonder, and why?
    Well, impossible to guess now which bureaucrat ordered it and why precisely that location (likely because it was available and nearby) but the ship was derelict, the owner had no money and the cargo had to go somewhere...

Around here we call it "provisorio eterno".

Well, impossible to guess now which bureaucrat ordered it and why precisely that location (likely because it was available and nearby) but the ship was derelict, the owner had no money and the cargo had to go somewhere...

Around here we call it "provisorio eterno".
    It's a normal procedure in a lot of places for unwanted stuff- dump it in a corner somewhere, then forget about it.

It's hard for Americans to understand just how utterly inefficient and corrupt a lot of the world is.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's a normal procedure in a lot of places for unwanted stuff- dump it in a corner somewhere, then forget about it.

.snip.
    And that right there explains the state of all of the storage space in my house. Especially my garage.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-07-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Like one of my two garages.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That works well for many different things.....high explosives, not so much.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Seismic data suggests string of blasts preceded Beirut explosion: Israeli analyst

... sensors picked up more than five “small bursts” at intervals of around 11 seconds before the main Beirut explosion, a sequence that continued after the incident.

Such a sequence could be consistent with “weapons systems that are activated in a chain” and which might have been stored in the port and set off accidentally or deliberately, said Israel Defense.

https://reut.rs/3kFFcMF
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List