Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beirut explosion

Site Supporter
    I found these as interesting reads on how screwed up Lebanon is,

When Reagan Sent In the Marines: The Invasion of Lebanon
    by Patrick J. Sloyan | Dec 17, 2019

From Beirut To Jerusalem Revised Edition
    by Thomas L. Friedman (Author)

Talk about people fighting about nothing except religion and greed, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hezbollah Hoarded Fertilizer That Blew Up Beirut, Planned to Use it Against Israel in 'Nuclear' Style Attack
    https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/he...-london-637578

Hezbollah stockpiled chemical behind Beirut blast in London and Germany

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah threatened in the past to destroy Israel by causing a massive explosion in the port of Haifa using ammonia tanks that he said would be like a “nuclear” explosion
    https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/na...t-blast-637582
    I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make here, but I'm guessing it's to create a unique connection between Hezbollah and AN.

To anyone with a working knowledge of this topic, what you're doing is equal to writing, "Look, Hezbollah consumes dihydrogen monoxide! Must've been a Hezbollah plot, because they found bottles of dihydrogen monoxide!!1!!!111!!"

FWIW, I'm trying to convey this in as politely a way as possible* since you're not just some random driveby poster or the P-F Regular COM.

*wink wink nudge nudge, taps foot on ground
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hezbollah Hoarded Fertilizer That Blew Up Beirut, Planned to Use it Against Israel in 'Nuclear' Style Attack

Hezbollah stockpiled chemical behind Beirut blast in London and Germany

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah threatened in the past to destroy Israel by causing a massive explosion in the port of Haifa using ammonia tanks that he said would be like a “nuclear” explosion
    https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/na...t-blast-637582
    Huh.

Karma's a bitch, ain't she.

I am very sorry though that hundreds of people are dead and thousands injured, crippling the country with Billions in losses for years to come. My heart goes out to them as fellow humans. What a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make here, but I'm guessing it's to create a unique connection between Hezbollah and AN.

To anyone with a working knowledge of this topic, what you're doing is equal to writing, "Look, Hezbollah consumes dihydrogen monoxide! Must've been a Hezbollah plot, because they found bottles of dihydrogen monoxide!!1!!!111!!"

FWIW, I'm trying to convey this in as politely a way as possible* since you're not just some random driveby poster or the P-F Regular COM.

Here's how I took it - Previous reports from sources in the area (ok, the Jerusalem Post) indicated the intent by parties within Lebanon intended to use/threatened to cause destruction, mentioning a "nuclear" sized blast.

A large concentration of AN detonates in Beirut, in a near "nuclear" sized blast, reportedly after being stored for six years. It's not beyond possibility that the two are unrelated.

Absent other data I'll likely never be able to see being as how it's probably TS/SCI, I'll be over here with my pitchfork.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

It’s all good, dude. I fully acknowledge my lack of expertise in this area. I posted these links mainly to illustrate that I’m not the only one making a connection between Lebanon, Hezbollah, terrorism, and a huge amount of AN.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    It's not beyond possibility that the two are unrelated.
    It's not beyond the possibility != evidence.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Post It's way bigger than mother of all bombs - moab

2750 metric tons of the ammonium nitrate.
    That's 2,750,000 kg or 6,060,712 pounds of explosive.
    MOAB is 21,500 pounds so 281 times bigger but raw vs manufactured, diff ammo... still, no wonder there was a mushroom cloud.
    Probably energy level of a nuc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    2750 metric tons of the ammonium nitrate.
    That's 2,750,000 kg or 6,060,712 pounds of explosive.
    MOAB is 21,500 pounds so 281 times bigger but raw vs manufactured, diff ammo... still, no wonder there was a mushroom cloud.
    Probably energy level of a nuc.
    I think you cannot equate X tons of AN to X tons of other explosive material. In an detonation like this you never know how much of the AN reacted, how much was burned, how much was involved in the main explosion and how much was simply blasted away.

Nevermind. I can't read dates, apparently.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @BehindBluel’s can you translate what the dude covered in blood wearing the blue latex gloves is saying @2:34 in this video?
    I'll send it to my wife to do a more betterer translation, but I think he's saying a car got blown into or onto his car. I'll edit in her response.

Edit:

The first guy is a reporter and asks if he can ask him what happened to him. "Can I ask you what happened?" and tells him he's recording.

The second guy says he was driving in his car, which is down the road. He said the explosion happened and he thinks he was injured by his windows breaking and the glass hitting him in the face. He said his car flew in the air and came down. He said his car was destroyed like the ones he is pointing at.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 08-06-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List