Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump moves to limit TVA CEO pay, fire him, & stop outsourcing

Trump moves to limit TVA CEO pay, fire him, & stop outsourcing

Ok, I’m pretty sure everyone can agree these are good things. It’s infuriating what the TVA was up to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN24Z2A4

President Donald Trump said on Monday he was formally removing two members from the board of the Tennessee Valley Authority for seeking to outsource U.S. jobs to foreign workers, and criticized its chief executive as “ridiculously overpaid.”
    #RESIST

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...oreign-workers

President Donald Trump on Monday barred federal agencies from dismissing U.S. citizens or green card holders and replacing them with foreign workers, and blasted a major state enterprise for having done so.

The executive order Trump signed Monday increases scrutiny of federal contractors’ use of H-1B visas to bring in temporary foreign labor for high-skilled jobs rather than relying on American workers.

The action was prompted by the federally owned Tennessee Valley Authority’s June announcement that it’s laying off 62 information technology workers as the federal power agency outsources data and programming work, according to an administration official who asked for anonymity.
    #RESIST

#PepperidgeFarmRemembers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suit-says.html

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is being sued by 30 former IT staff from its Florida offices who claim they were unfairly replaced by foreign workers - but only after being forced to train them up.

The suit, filed Monday in an Orlando court, alleges that Disney laid off 250 of its US IT staff because it wanted to replace them with staff from India, who were hired in on H-1B foreign employee visas.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Do as he says, not as he does?
    Reminds me of Hillary and Al. And not a few others. Easy to preach. Harder to practice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Do as he says, not as he does?
    I'm sure that was a personal decision that he was involved in. Yup.
    #RESIST

I actually thought this would be a big deal, as it really resonates with me, having seen outsourcing and H1B visa abuse at the expense of American jobs, but instead... #OrangeManBad
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I actually thought this would be a big deal, as it really resonates with me, having seen outsourcing and H1B visa abuse at the expense of American jobs, but instead... #OrangeManBad
    I think the idea has merit. I'm all for protecting Americans and American workers. Sometimes it's a little hard not to be cynical given the failure of our elected officials to live up to the standards they promulgate.

Still, I'm not for killing the messenger. After all, we need someone to beat Biden. (But nobody gets a free pass.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Good for Trump. This is a good idea past due.

It is often pointed out that TVA BoD is not as high paid as commercial utility executives and have no stock options to sweeten the deal.

But it is a US Government agency and jobs ought to go to US citizens.

TVA was a Depression agency and early days, only one member of a household could work there, spread out the jobs. Even when I started there, there was a cap on how much pay could go to one household. I knew one couple who turned down promotions so both could stay there, but eventually one got a take it or leave deal and the other had to quit. The cap was later removed and she came back.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List