Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I agree: I much prefer the older shanks, but was disappointed to find that they aren't compatible with Safariland holsters that take the newer shank -- the holes don't line up.

I was fortunate to inherit a "new old stock" 6280 that sat in my buddy's locker unused for about 20 years...so it replaced my ancient 6280, and continues to serve my needs.
    The newer OBLs Have the same hole pattern as the current UBL pattern. I’ve got a low ride one That I used a few years back.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The newer OBLs Have the same hole pattern as the current UBL pattern. I’ve got a low ride one That I used a few years back.
    Good to know, thanks! I have several but they must all be too old...

I did some live fire range work with the holster last week. I'm starting to like it pretty well. Draw is quick and pretty intuitive. We've got almost 100 of these issued out now around my work area so we should know fairly quickly if there will be any unforeseen issues.

One thing that already seems to be an improvement over the ALS is durability. We had one shooter break his ALS when shooting from a fetal position. I've seen the old 6280 get squashed but this was the first time I've seen anyone break one of the new 7 series holsters.

Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to help teach a pistol instructor class to a batch of officers in Minnesota. The class was a mix of officers from around the Minneapolis area.

One of the departments sent four officers armed with Gen5 Glocks. Three of these officers (and one Sgt--not part of the class but visited the range a couple times) were using the T-Series holster and had been doing so for about six months. The department has been overall happy with the holster and they did not pass on any negative experiences. One officer had chosen not to take the issued Blackhawk! and had opted for an Alien Gear holster. I didn't talk to this officer at length but he did say the Alien Gear was working well for him.

In related news, one of the guys I work with recently attended a BAER Solutions class in AZ. Drew told him that he'd seen a number of the T-Series holsters and hasn't seen any problems with them.

So far the T seems to be a solid option...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to help teach a pistol instructor class to a batch of officers in Minnesota. The class was a mix of officers from around the Minneapolis area.

One of the departments sent four officers armed with Gen5 Glocks. Three of these officers (and one Sgt--not part of the class but visited the range a couple times) were using the T-Series holster and had been doing so for about six months. The department has been overall happy with the holster and they did not pass on any negative experiences. One officer had chosen not to take the issued Blackhawk! and had opted for an Alien Gear holster. I didn't talk to this officer at length but he did say the Alien Gear was working well for him.

In related news, one of the guys I work with recently attended a BAER Solutions class in AZ. Drew told him that he'd seen a number of the T-Series holsters and hasn't seen any problems with them.

So far the T seems to be a solid option...
    Is it optic compatible?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is it optic compatible?
    Blackhawk! does offer a dot version but the ones from class were the same as mine. Light compatible but not molded for an optic.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Blackhawk! does offer a dot version but the ones from class were the same as mine. Light compatible but not molded for an optic.

Does that mean that the regular light bearing model will accept a pistol with an optic but doesn’t have a protective hood like the Safariland optic holsters?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Does that mean that the regular light bearing model will accept a pistol with an optic?
    Nope. The forward-facing side of the holster is too high and/or too close to the slide to accept a dot. Also the retention hood is not tall enough to clear a dot when down.

Is it optic compatible?
    The two I have are optic compatible. My first came off a limited run of 2011 Staccato holsters. My second, for a Gen 5 G17 with a PMO, came from right from a blackhawk rep when I ran the Gunsite side of a Bushnell media event at the end of August - for Bushnell's release of their RXS100 and RXS250 pistol mounted optics.

For a Glock or any other thumb safety-less pistol, I would be fine with the T series. However, the lever is positioned well "below" the thumb safety's location. So, you established a low thumb grip, depress the paddle, begin to present the pistol, and then you'll need to adjust, re-establish your grip to deal with the thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    The two I have are optic compatible. My first came off a limited run of 2011 Staccato holsters. My second, for a Gen 5 G17 with a PMO, came from right from a blackhawk rep when I ran the Gunsite side of a Bushnell media event at the end of August - for Bushnell's release of their RXS100 and RXS250 pistol mounted optics.

For a Glock or any other thumb safety-less pistol, I would be fine with the T series. However, the lever is positioned well "below" the thumb safety's location. So, you established a low thumb grip, depress the paddle, begin to present the pistol, and then you'll need to adjust, re-establish your grip to deal with the thumb safety.
    Any pictures with a 1911/2011 with the thumb release in relation to the safety?

User Tag List