Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The new 7390CBP (or whatever the Safariland product number is) that's coming for some of our Glocks is designed to fit multiple lights. Packaging lists the X300, TLR-1 and TLR-7 among a few others.

Interestingly the part numbers are different for the 19 and 47. I haven't delved into the Safariland desgn too much but it looks to use a barrel plug that stabilizes the pistol inside the holster so the ALS mechanism can lock the pistol in without relying on the shape/size of the light.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    That’s interesting... I might have to look into that further. When I looked up Safariland holsters prior to our FI going to the brass, the full size lights (X300, TLR-1) had one set of numbers, and the compact lights (TLR-7, and the XCx... whichever version CBP approved; not a Surefire fan, so don’t remember) had another set.

If they do an ALS that takes both TLR-1 and TLR-7 lights... and better yet still holds the gun without a light... I’ll buy it the next day. That is a smart design.

Question on that Safariland holster you mentioned... any cut for red dots? I’m sure that won’t be approved for any of the larger parts of CBP (OFO or BP) for some time... but wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That’s interesting... I might have to look into that further. When I looked up Safariland holsters prior to our FI going to the brass, the full size lights (X300, TLR-1) had one set of numbers, and the compact lights (TLR-7, and the XCx... whichever version CBP approved; not a Surefire fan, so don’t remember) had another set.

If they do an ALS that takes both TLR-1 and TLR-7 lights... and better yet still holds the gun without a light... I’ll buy it the next day. That is a smart design.

Question on that Safariland holster you mentioned... any cut for red dots? I’m sure that won’t be approved for any of the larger parts of CBP (OFO or BP) for some time... but wishful thinking.
    Any of the TLR-1 holsters will work with a 7. At least my 2 do.

Name:  F93387C4-0A0B-4C65-984A-B5CE763FE922.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  39.9 KB

I chopped this one (G19 size) down since I have no intention of using a -1 size light. Locks in just fine w/o the light.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Any of the TLR-1 holsters will work with a 7. At least my 2 do.

Name:  F93387C4-0A0B-4C65-984A-B5CE763FE922.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  39.9 KB

I chopped this one (G19 size) down since I have no intention of using a -1 size light. Locks in just fine w/o the light.
    We've had some incompatibility/retention issues with our outgoing handgun and certain lights in the Safariland holster. Specifically the APL.

The APL is one of the lights listed as working with our new CBP Safariland holster.

Still, to keep things simple and hopefully avoid potential fitment issues, I am only buying TLR-1HL lights for my area. Some guys have complained, wanting an X300 instead. But they are free to buy their own light if they don't care for the one I'm buying with agency funds. Not trying to be a dick but I can get almost two Streamlights for the price of one Surefire. Plus we've been using the TLR series for a number of years and have had few problems. They are a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    We've had some incompatibility/retention issues with our outgoing handgun and certain lights in the Safariland holster. Specifically the APL.

The APL is one of the lights listed as working with our new CBP Safariland holster.

Still, to keep things simple and hopefully avoid potential fitment issues, I am only buying TLR-1HL lights for my area. Some guys have complained, wanting an X300 instead. But they are free to buy their own light if they don't care for the one I'm buying with agency funds. Not trying to be a dick but I can get almost two Streamlights for the price of one Surefire. Plus we've been using the TLR series for a number of years and have had few problems. They are a good value.

Been using TLR1’s for the last 7 years. An HL since 2017. No problems in mine.

Sorry for the delay.

"Active retention comes from an ejection port lock and a locking backstrap, giving you two active retention devices in addition to adjustable passive retention."

You can't get to the trigger with the gun holstered.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Questions.

How is the gun secured in the holster? Does the holster lock onto a specific part of the gun?

Like I asked about the Blackhawk. Can you access the trigger with the gun holstered?

I think so, but...since I don't have that setup I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Is there any room in the Alien Gear design for either Streamlight's remote switch or Surefire's DG switch?

I have two observations to report after continued use.

By day 3 in my shift, with the Safariland mid ride UBL, my right hip is beginning to develop a hot spot with soreness setting in. By day four, I cant wait to get the frickin duty belt off. Once my RDO's are over, its back in the saddle only to repeat that nightmare.

No such issues with the blackhawk belt drop.

Regarding the blackhawk belt drop. It doesn't feel as "sturdy" as the UBL. Either my belt is fatiguing (which could be) or there is a little bit more flex in the belt attachment. I cant quantify this as I have no means of testing the durometer/elastomer relating of the polymer or whatever the correct unit of measurement would be. Thus far, this has not inhibited my ability to draw from the holster but its something i'm paying attention to.

I have had the same issues with a hot spot after long shifts. I spoke with Alien Gear and they suggested a different attachment. Mine is the high ride model and I'm trying to decide between the mid or low to change the holster height and see if I can obtain come comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I have two observations to report after continued use.

By day 3 in my shift, with the Safariland mid ride UBL, my right hip is beginning to develop a hot spot with soreness setting in. By day four, I cant wait to get the frickin duty belt off. Once my RDO's are over, its back in the saddle only to repeat that nightmare.

No such issues with the blackhawk belt drop.

Regarding the blackhawk belt drop. It doesn't feel as "sturdy" as the UBL. Either my belt is fatiguing (which could be) or there is a little bit more flex in the belt attachment. I cant quantify this as I have no means of testing the durometer/elastomer relating of the polymer or whatever the correct unit of measurement would be. Thus far, this has not inhibited my ability to draw from the holster but its something i'm paying attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I think so, but...since I don't have that setup I'm not 100% sure.
    So, that's another No. Thanks.

I figured I'd swap the light over onto my Shadow Systems MR920 to check general holster fit with a Glock 19 sized handgun. Since the holster locks onto the light and not the pistol, Blackhawk! only makes it as a one size fits all. At least in the case of the 19/17. I assume a 17L or 34 would work (latch in properly) but one would extend out the bottom of the holster.

User Tag List