Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

  1. #21
    Hobbyist JAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    I am relentlessly disappointed that this is not a thread about duty holsters for Ruger Blackhawks.

  2. #22
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I have been using an Alien Gear duty holster for several months now. I just completed a second course with it as well. I'm running a G45 w/RMR and Streamlight HL.

    The release and draw are very quick. Mine is a level III.

    The pictured is the high ride height and during July 4th was walking/working a 15 hr shift and found out it hits right on my hip bone. Called Alien Gear and getting the mid-height bracket.

    No issues so far.


    Questions.

    How is the gun secured in the holster? Does the holster lock onto a specific part of the gun?

    Like I asked about the Blackhawk. Can you access the trigger with the gun holstered?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I am relentlessly disappointed that this is not a thread about duty holsters for Ruger Blackhawks.
    Here you go, Marshal Dillon:

    https://epsaddlery.com/product/1880-ranger-holster/

  4. #24
    I've been playing with my Blackhawk T all last week and a bit this current week. Been using it with my SIRT pistol.

    One thing I've found that's made it faster, for me, is to sort of keep my shooting thumb locked or rigid during the initial grip and release. I've found that going into the draw with my thumb set at the right spot pops the hood forward and retracts the retention finger inside the holster and is faster than trying to deliberately press the thumb latch in as I'm gripping the pistol. Using the thumb to sort of mash the release fully and keep it depressed actually causes my hand to shift a little on the presentation.

    Does that explanation make sense?

  5. #25
    Site Supporter Erick Gelhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I have been using an Alien Gear duty holster for several months now. I just completed a second course with it as well. I'm running a G45 w/RMR and Streamlight HL.
    Is there any room in the Alien Gear design for either Streamlight's remote switch or Surefire's DG switch?

  6. #26
    Site Supporter John Hearne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Mississippi
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Is there any room in the Alien Gear design for either Streamlight's remote switch or Surefire's DG switch?
    There's always room, you just have to really want it:

    https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-Cordle...7264751&sr=8-7
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

  7. #27
    Member SoCalDep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Between LA and Bakersfield
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    There's always room, you just have to really want it:

    https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-Cordle...7264751&sr=8-7
    As much as I may want a DG switch, I don’t want plaintiff’s attorney saying that the only reason his client is dead is because I modified a holster and then when he grabbed it I screamed he’s going for (or got my) gun and my partner killed him.

    The holster manufacturer will disavow. The department will disavow. This Situation has happened in 2020. We’ll see how it turns out.

    If you aren’t offering an intuitive (pressure switch) option in your duty holsters, you are ok with people dying in the dark who didn’t have to die. If you (agencies/departments) prohibit pressure switches for non-NOD equipped patrol, then you’d rather justify those deaths based on “objective reasonableness based on the training of the officer and their knowledge at the time” than actually preventing the unnecessary death through proper training on a pressure switch. If you (holster makers) purport that pressure switches are bad, you are not only encouraging people to be shot who may not have had to be, but you are speaking from a position of ignorance to human performance under stress, and the reality of basic patrol level law enforcement.

    Short answer... in a crude and frustrated tone...

    Make a fucking holster that accepts a pressure switch.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post

    Make a fucking holster that accepts a pressure switch.
    The Blackhawk allows enough clearance to run the Streamlight switch. Hopefully that will be the case with the Surefire compatible version.

    On a related note; I am surprised SIG (or Streamlight/Surefire) isn't making a P320 grip module with a light and pressure switch built directly in. The switch and its wiring could be run internally. The light itself could probably be made flatter and smaller and run off an internal battery that works off a cell phone charger. Or, even if the light ran on disposable batteries, it could likely be made smaller and blended into the frame to take up less overall space.

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the rainbow tunnel, somewhere north of fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Blackhawk allows enough clearance to run the Streamlight switch. Hopefully that will be the case with the Surefire compatible version.

    On a related note; I am surprised SIG (or Streamlight/Surefire) isn't making a P320 grip module with a light and pressure switch built directly in. The switch and its wiring could be run internally. The light itself could probably be made flatter and smaller and run off an internal battery that works off a cell phone charger. Or, even if the light ran on disposable batteries, it could likely be made smaller and blended into the frame to take up less overall space.

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    They did try the Lima module with an integrated laser, but no light if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were working on this. The key will be holster compatibility, which will mean working with those companies. Still astounds me that when I spoke to the Surefire and Streamlight folks at SHOT about holster compatibility for their new weaponlights, they basically said "Yeah....we're not really sure." The idea of developing products for which there is no partner support in the industry is staggering enough...but the Safariland booth was 25 yards away! For God's sake just walk over there and check!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The key will be holster compatibility...
    The new 7390CBP (or whatever the Safariland product number is) that's coming for some of our Glocks is designed to fit multiple lights. Packaging lists the X300, TLR-1 and TLR-7 among a few others.

    Interestingly the part numbers are different for the 19 and 47. I haven't delved into the Safariland desgn too much but it looks to use a barrel plug that stabilizes the pistol inside the holster so the ALS mechanism can lock the pistol in without relying on the shape/size of the light.

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •