Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's one of the light bearing Safariland holsters. Pretty substantial gaps around the sides.

Edit--6000 series ALS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    A local officer was shot recently when the suspect he was fighting was able to get his finger in the officer’s Safariland holster and pull the the trigger. The officer was hit in the leg.

Anyone had issues with these and OEM extended slide stops on Glocks? The thumb release seems to get in the way with the extended slide stop which necessitates tilting the grip outward away from the body to get it to release properly.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Anyone had issues with these and OEM extended slide stops on Glocks? The thumb release seems to get in the way with the extended slide stop which necessitates tilting the grip outward away from the body to get it to release properly.
    I ran Vickers extended stops on my guns for a little bit. They hung up ever so slightly but not really all that bad.

It was way worse on my Safariland holsters as the extended stop would smash into the ALS button. (OTD nub mod) so not exactly apples to apples.

DMT QLS adapter:

DMT QLS adapter:

I'm running the DMT plate on my True North hanger. The ride height is acceptable albeit not perfect.

Does anyone have any experience with Axon body camera's and the T-series holsters? It's my understanding that Axon integrates somehow with Safariland equipment? I'm wondering if Blackhawk has any such feature's baked in or available?

I don't see anything on the website yet but Blackhawk does have some updates for the T-Series.

First is a new belt loop that has a slider height adjustment on it. This allows the holster to be set anywhere along the slider's travel without being confined to a series of different mounting holes. The new slider mechanism will work with the QD attachment, etc.

Second is a new hood that can be added to replace the current one. The new hood is more square in the back and will work with stuff like the ACRO.

Lastly is a new L3 release lever that requires two different motions to release the firearm. The first motion is a downward press that pops the hood forward. The second motion is an inward press that releases the tab that locks the gun. This was made at the request of agencies that don't like the current inward press releasing both the hood and the little tab. The hood will also be locked in the open position so that it can't get bumped into the closed position accidentally when the gun is out of the holster. This new release will be reverse compatible with current L3 holsters.

I don't see anything on the website yet but Blackhawk does have some updates for the T-Series.

First is a new belt loop that has a slider height adjustment on it. This allows the holster to be set anywhere along the slider's travel without being confined to a series of different mounting holes. The new slider mechanism will work with the QD attachment, etc.

Second is a new hood that can be added to replace the current one. The new hood is more square in the back and will work with stuff like the ACRO.

Lastly is a new L3 release lever that requires two different motions to release the firearm. The first motion is a downward press that pops the hood forward. The second motion is an inward press that releases the tab that locks the gun. This was made at the request of agencies that don't like the current inward press releasing both the hood and the little tab. The hood will also be locked in the open position so that it can't get bumped into the closed position accidentally when the gun is out of the holster. This new release will be reverse compatible with current L3 holsters.
    That’s cool, I didn’t see the point in the hood when both were released at once. But right or wrong I’m just using a 7series als with an als guard. I think I want to get ahold of one of the Glock 19 versions to play with, especially with a the adapters for qls.

Jason

Some new stuff coming. Note the QLS/Safariland adapter:

https://soldiersystems.net/2023/03/0...r-accessories/

Just wondering if anyone has now had any experience with the Comp Tac duty holster options? I like the T series but Comp Tac seems to support a larger variety of handguns with their retention holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdogg2000 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has now had any experience with the Comp Tac duty holster options? I like the T series but Comp Tac seems to support a larger variety of handguns with their retention holsters.
    I have one from a couple years ago. It is for a Glock with a light and is notched for an optic.

It is, frankly, terrible. The build quality feels fairly flimsy and the retention release is not well located. My biggest complaint is that the body of the holster extends up very close to the trigger guard and keeps me from obtaining a firing grip on the gun.

CT may have made changes to the design since and may have addressed these issues. Also this is not the newer L3 retention model.

User Tag List