Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you think the security is as good as the ALS?

I’m holding out hope that US Duty Gear gives us a quality level 3 holster.

Maybe I should, but I do not use a weapon mounted light. I did not like the gap/access to the trigger the light bearing holster allowed.
    I think holster features (speed, security, etc.) are constantly competing values. While the Blackhawk might not be as "secure" as a Safariland 6360/7360 series, it is in my opinion easier to train and faster. The issue of the opening for the weaponlight giving access to the trigger is real on the 6360 series, but pretty well solved in the 7360.....which also seems to have caused a lot of the problems. It's a little too secure if you can't get the damn gun out NOW. But both the Blackhawk and the 7360 do deal with access to the trigger such that it's not a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I did not like the gap/access to the trigger the light bearing holster allowed.
    No real way to access the trigger with the Glock / T-Series as far as I can tell.

With little finger stuck in.

And with trigger finger stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    The UBL's dig into my IT band something fierce and basically cripple me...the UBL is out for duty use, period.
    What about the Blade-Tech duty dropped and offset attachment? It looks to me to be sort of in between the mid ride and low UBL.

https://blade-tech.com/products/duty-drop-and-offset

Blade-Tech also makes a long/low belt attachment but I don't know if it is compatible with Safariland hole spacing.

https://blade-tech.com/products/drop-and-offset-long

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What about the Blade-Tech duty dropped and offset attachment? It looks to me to be sort of in between the mid ride and low UBL.

Blade-Tech also makes a long/low belt attachment but I don't know if it is compatible with Safariland hole spacing.

Just something for everyone to keep in mind, is that using any holster attachments other than OEM for a Safariland holster unequivocally voids their warranty. They are very, very clear about that. I know attachments like the True North hanger and the BlackBox Custom TQ adapter and Cant plate are super popular, but just know what you're getting into.

And having worked with institutional users who like to mod their department issued gear even when it's clearly against policy, I've found that even the gear geeks and gun aficionados tend to fuck things up when they start taking them apart. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Just something for everyone to keep in mind, is that using any holster attachments other than OEM for a Safariland holster unequivocally voids their warranty. They are very, very clear about that. I know attachments like the True North hanger and the BlackBox Custom TQ adapter and Cant plate are super popular, but just know what you're getting into.

And having worked with institutional users who like to mod their department issued gear even when it's clearly against policy, I've found that even the gear geeks and gun aficionados tend to fuck things up when they start taking them apart. YMMV.
    I'm always careful whenever I talk to squad mates about gear. Unless i'm physically helping them with their gear selection and installation I don't hold much confidence in their ability to properly torque, threadlock and install bits and bobs. I think you're right on the money there.

Without getting too off topic, can someone explain the potential liability a department might incur IF an end user modifies a holster from say a UBL to a true north hanger? The unofficial chastising line i've heard is that if the item is modified, the department cant go after the manufacturer. Any truth to this? Was Blackhawk ever sued because people were shooting themselves "due to the Serpa holsters design"? Has Safariland ever been sued because a UBL broke and a suspect was able to disarm an officer? Much like the Magnuson Moss act, there has to be proof that the problem was caused by the aftermarket accessory. That is pure speculation so if someone has a better understanding of the law, please educate me.

Policy violations aside, I really think that there is way too much fear mongering here.

I'm not a lawyer. I really don't understand the paralyzing fear of liability. I've also never been sued so that's one thing. Feel free to PM if this information should not be present on a public forum.
    Last edited by Magsz; 05-10-2022 at 02:23 PM.

That's actually really cool. I have one one issue with it. The hanger doesn't seem to have a locking bar to allow downsizing on smaller belts like 1.75 inch units. I can't wear a leg strap so that thing would ride up every time I went to draw. I know they mention a sizing adjustment bar for 2 inch to 2.25 inch belts but that doesn't help those of us that are wearing slimmer belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I'm always careful whenever I talk to squad mates about gear. Unless i'm physically helping them with their gear selection and installation I don't hold much confidence in their ability to property torque, threadlock and install bits and bobs. I think you're right on the money there.

Without getting too off topic, can someone explain the potential liability a department might incur IF an end user modifies a holster from say a UBL to a true north hanger? The unofficial chastising line i've heard is that if the item is modified, the department cant go after the manufacturer. Any truth to this? Was Blackhawk ever sued because people were shooting themselves "due to the Serpa holsters design"? Has Safariland ever been sued because a UBL broke and a suspect was able to disarm an officer? Much like the Magnuson Moss act, there has to be proof that the problem was caused by the aftermarket accessory. That is pure speculation so if someone has a better understanding of the law, please educate me.

Policy violations aside, I really think that there is way too much fear mongering here.

I'm not a lawyer. I really don't understand the paralyzing fear of liability. I've also never been sued so that's one thing. Feel free to PM if this information should not be present on a public forum.
    Liability is a funny thing. It often doesn't mean what people think it means. I'm not a lawyer either, but you may face potential civil issues if you modify a piece of safety equipment in ways that the manufacturer specifically says voids their warranty and someone is injured as a result. In California, with some of the changes made to Use of Force law for LE, and how an officers pre-incident conduct can be used to determine the lawfullness of a use of force....coupled with some of the most anti LE activist DAs in the country....thats not a roll of the dice I find worth it. Again, you're specifically taking the liability OFF of the manufacturer, and putting it on yourself.

Site Supporter
    No real way to access the trigger with the Glock / T-Series as far as I can tell.

With little finger stuck in.

And with trigger finger stuck in.

Wow, that is a massive difference from the 6360 holster I had. Thank you for the images.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Liability is a funny thing. It often doesn't mean what people think it means. I'm not a lawyer either, but you may face potential civil issues if you modify a piece of safety equipment in ways that the manufacturer specifically says voids their warranty and someone is injured as a result. In California, with some of the changes made to Use of Force law for LE, and how an officers pre-incident conduct can be used to determine the lawfullness of a use of force....coupled with some of the most anti LE activist DAs in the country....thats not a roll of the dice I find worth it. Again, you're specifically taking the liability OFF of the manufacturer, and putting it on yourself.
    Great post. As warped as that reality is, it's still a reality in some jurisdictions and potentially anywhere depending on the circumstances and parties involved.

Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate the substantive comments. It's definitely making me think.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if its my immaturity and inexperience driving my decision making or the complete opposite. My reality is that no one is coming to save me and my life is mine. I'm pretty fanatical about my duty to my family both at work and outside.

Here's one of the light bearing Safariland holsters. Pretty substantial gaps around the sides.

Edit--6000 series ALS.

User Tag List