Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Got a pic you can post of the 22L plate? There's nothing on the Safariland site and I can't seem to find one on the web. I watched a couple QLS videos too but am not seeing anything for the L.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Yeah...the "new and improved" website again. Now it is only listed under the "Pick your Kit" tab. Kit 1 is the one standard fork and plate. Kit 2 is the QLS 19 Fork and the QLS 22L Plate. Used to have a description on the page of what that is. Appears to be the only way it's listed now.

I've had better luck getting my Safariland stuff from Copquest.com. It's where I've bought most of my Safariland accessories. Looks like they list it on the website if you go to the Holster Accessories page and search QLS 22L.

Copied from the US Duty Gear thread.

Here is the US Duty Gear Glock 17 holster made to accept WML and slide mounted optic. I have the Safariland QLS fork installed.

For some general comparisons of size, ride height and protection of optic, I am including pics of the Blackhawk! T-Series. The T is shown with the 10-8 adapter plate installed. The plate converts the T to the QLS system. It should also allow the Blackhawk! to work with the Safariland UBL directly if someone wants more versatility in ride height.

Safariland low belt loop used.

QLS forks on both holsters. Again, the 10-8 plate is used for the Blackhawk! No plate or any sort of adapter on the USDG holster.

Holsters on belt. Note location of backstrap in relation to the top of the belt.

Optic coverage. The Blackhawk! has a locking cover that locks into place via the rotating hood. The USDG is more open and does not provide a cover for debris, etc.

Stand-off from the belt. The Blackhawk! sticks out quite a bit especially with the 10-8 plate in between the holster and fork.

Lastly, my Shadow Systems DR920. Just because it is cool!

BTW--both holsters fit fine with the TLR-1 pressure switch attached.

Evidence that none of these QD fasteners are "cop proof."

Note that the two retention tabs are snapped off the bottom of the fork. The fork was broken when the agent fell. He landed on the bottom edge of the holster. The force of the impact drove the holster up hard enough to pop the tabs off.

This was a stock Safariland set-up. No adapter, etc.

Is it possible he used the MLS version which is designed to break away?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Is it possible he used the MLS version which is designed to break away?
    Maybe. Didn't know there was such a critter.

Maybe. Didn't know there was such a critter.

They look almost identical. The MLS is for the military and designed to break away if trapped in a vehicle or something. The QLS is for LE and has a much higher breaking point so it’s less likely to be ripped off a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They look almost identical. The MLS is for the military and designed to break away if trapped in a vehicle or something. The QLS is for LE and has a much higher breaking point so it’s less likely to be ripped off a belt.
    The majority of holsters supplied by my agency are with the QLS fork. I can't imagine our force modernization people would have ordered a break-away unit. But anything is possible I guess.

The majority of holsters supplied by my agency are with the QLS fork. I can't imagine our force modernization people would have ordered a break-away unit. But anything is possible I guess.

Ah. I thought he bought it himself. I know lots of folks who do.

Safariland’s MLS is the Molle Locking System
    https://inside.safariland.com/educat...ng-system-mls/
    The broken fork pictured above is a QLS fork. I’ve never seen one break like that, but given enough vertical force, anything is possible.

Has anyone tried the Blackhawk T series LTC for a g17 with tlr7? I am looking at getting a concealableish owb and this looks promising. I like that it has the thumb retention.

Curious on how tight to the body it actually is and ride height. May end up just getting a Jmck owb2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Blackhawk T series LTC for a g17 with tlr7? I am looking at getting a concealableish owb and this looks promising. I like that it has the thumb retention.

Curious on how tight to the body it actually is and ride height. May end up just getting a Jmck owb2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a difference between a "concealment" holster and what should be termed a "plainclothes" holster. Though the Blackhawk LTC is somewhat more low profile than the comparable Safariland ALS model, it's less "concealable" than a JMCK rig. You have to figure out what your priority really is.....concealment or retention.

User Tag List