Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    There's a difference between a "concealment" holster and what should be termed a "plainclothes" holster. Though the Blackhawk LTC is somewhat more low profile than the comparable Safariland ALS model, it's less "concealable" than a JMCK rig. You have to figure out what your priority really is.....concealment or retention.
    That is why I had the ish attached to concealed. I’m not expecting it to hide. I want to know how far out and down from the belt it will be. I have used als holsters that are similar and this looks like it may have a smaller footprint.

I do not need maximum concealment. But I do not want a holster that sticks far out from my pants and will interfere with the seat belt.

I have only found a few pics of someone actually wearing the thing. Was hoping maybe some here had experience with it. Most likely a Jmck will be inbound regardless, that way I have both. The retention is nice because of my line of work and not having to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    That is why I had the ish attached to concealed. I’m not expecting it to hide. I want to know how far out and down from the belt it will be. I have used als holsters that are similar and this looks like it may have a smaller footprint.

I do not need maximum concealment. But I do not want a holster that sticks far out from my pants and will interfere with the seat belt.

I have only found a few pics of someone actually wearing the thing. Was hoping maybe some here had experience with it. Most likely a Jmck will be inbound regardless, that way I have both. The retention is nice because of my line of work and not having to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. It is definitely lower profile than an ALS, and rides a tad higher. Whether it is enough, not sure. Don't have any experience wearing it day to day, in and out of cars, etc. If you have both, you'll be covered.

Fast forward a bit. I'm still using the L3D T-Series daily and am generally happy with it. I do have the Blackhawk QD2 system coming and will post a little info once I have had a chance to play with it a bit.

On a related note I am also using a Blackhawk L3D RDS holster. It has been fine when used with an RMR or Holosun 508 but the flapper hood will not close on the ACRO or the Steiner MPS. Blackhawk says the only current solution is to remove the flapper hood. This works and allows the retention strap to function properly. Some will argue that the flapper hood is unnecessary especially when running a closed emitter but I think it is less than ideal. I'd prefer to retain the flapper as a level of protection against any sort of dirt, debris, etc. Just FYI for anyone who might be looking at the L3D for use with a dot.

One last update. I see the X300 / Glock version is finally shipping. I'm happy enough with the TLR-1 but it is good to see the holster available for other light options.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Fast forward a bit. I'm still using the L3D T-Series daily and am generally happy with it. I do have the Blackhawk QD2 system coming and will post a little info once I have had a chance to play with it a bit.

On a related note I am also using a Blackhawk L3D RDS holster. It has been fine when used with an RMR or Holosun 508 but the flapper hood will not close on the ACRO or the Steiner MPS. Blackhawk says the only current solution is to remove the flapper hood. This works and allows the retention strap to function properly. Some will argue that the flapper hood is unnecessary especially when running a closed emitter but I think it is less than ideal. I'd prefer to retain the flapper as a level of protection against any sort of dirt, debris, etc. Just FYI for anyone who might be looking at the L3D for use with a dot.

One last update. I see the X300 / Glock version is finally shipping. I'm happy enough with the TLR-1 but it is good to see the holster available for other light options.

They've come out with several more gun/light combos recently, and I know a few more are in the works. Have you had any issues with the belt mount? Specifically the screw type clamp, over the Safariland solid one piece UBL? That was one concern one of our DT guys had with the holster when he tested it. Said one of the screws loosened over time with use.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Specifically the screw type clamp, over the Safariland solid one piece UBL? That was one concern one of our DT guys had with the holster when he tested it. Said one of the screws loosened over time with use.
    Kind of an opposite problem actually. The Chicago screws on the belt loop are not slotted on both sides. We had one that was tightened to the point that it could not be loosened. It would just spin inside the plastic. And there isn't really a way to get pliers or anything on it. Blackhawk should spend the extra penny and gets screws that are slotted on both ends.

Here's the QD system. It has three lugs that slot into the adapter piece.

The adapter has two little spring loaded tabs inside the bottom hole that catch against the lugs.

It seems solid and has less play than the QLS forks. It does increase the offset from the body by about half an inch.

Site Supporter
    As part of their transition to pistol optics FBI SWAT is now using a BH T Series duty holster in FDE.

Name:  DC74D7B1-EB8A-4DB8-B9BA-5E3E58306834.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  29.3 KB

Photo from the response to the recent school shooting in Washington DC.

Hilton Yam pushes out some info on the Level 2 as well as his QLS adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As part of their transition to pistol optics FBI SWAT is now using a BH T Series duty holster in FDE.

Name:  DC74D7B1-EB8A-4DB8-B9BA-5E3E58306834.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  29.3 KB

Photo from the response to the recent school shooting in Washington DC.
    I see he's running a Romeo4M. Looks like the older version with the lighter mount.

We just went to G17's and RMR's at work (yay).

I ran into a few issues with the transition and my gear selection.

We were issued Safariland RDS holsters, the 7 series equipment. I'm not a huge fan as i've been using the T series holsters for I believe the past two or three years. Time flies and I don't remember.

I have a TLR 1 RDS T series and 2X X300 RDS T Series rigs that i've been using on duty and in training for quite a while now. I believe i started using the X300 RDS T-series back in September but my timeline could be off.

Since I started using them i've used the Jacket Slot Belt adapter and it's been very comfy. One niggle that I had was the lack of a QD option. I really missed my QLS forks.

After the transition I went with a True North Concepts Modular holster adapter, QLS forks and the T series holsters with Hiltons (10-8 performance) adapter piece. Awesome setup except for one thing.

Due to the mounting points on the T-series holster, the holster with the QLS rides REALLY, REALLY high. The butt of the pistol is something like two or more inches OVER my belt line. With armor on, its really, really hard to draw.

I tried this product which lowered it about three quarters of an inch to an inch. I haven't actually measured anything.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M4B8YSV...roduct_details

The Safariland product rides at a much, much lower height and puts the pistol where I want it and where I need it.

I'll get some pictures of the differences before I go back on duty tomorrow to really show everyone what i'm talking about.

As it stands, unless i go back to the jacket slot belt adapter, I don't have a way to achieve the ride height that I desire. I'd really like for BH to come out with some differing length belt adapters so we can adjust the vertical ride height.

Lastly, in the years of my use, I have had ZERO issues with the belt adapter coming loose. That thing is absolutely SOLID.

Here's one pic that I already took. From left to right, Safariland 7 Series, T series with DMT plate, T series with 10-8 QLS adapter.

Last edited by Magsz; 04-29-2022 at 10:03 AM.

User Tag List