Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    ...the lever is positioned well "below" the thumb safety's location...present the pistol...re-establish your grip to deal with the thumb safety.
    I have no experience with a T-Series for the 1911 but this is my thought as well. Releasing the paddle likely puts the thumb underneath the safety and will require a repositioning to deactivate.

Thumb repositioning is required with the Glock as well. As gripped and released, my thumb is above the mag release and is more or less level with the vertical groove in the Glock grip. I have to lift my thumb to make room for my support hand. In practice I haven't found this to be an impediment or distraction. But I'm only moving the thumb up rather than up and around as would be required with a 1911.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Any pictures with a 1911/2011 with the thumb release in relation to the safety?
    Hopefully, these will answer this:
    Name:  IMG_4288.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  68.6 KB Name:  IMG_4289.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  48.2 KB Name:  IMG_4293.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  46.1 KB

Do you have any experience with the Comp-Tac duty holster? Are they using the same retention device as the Blade-Tech WRS?

I have not found this holster available, LVL III for a Statcatto P duo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Do you have any experience with the Comp-Tac duty holster? Are they using the same retention device as the Blade-Tech WRS?
    Nope, none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    The run of these holsters was coordinated through STI/Stacatto for those needing L/E duty holsters that'd work with their pistols.

Nope, none at all.
    Anyone else? Somewhat curious about the Comp-Tac and how the retention release relates to the 1911 safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    https://staccato2011.com/product/sta...-duty-holster/

I have a Safariland holster on order for my Stacatto P and curious how the Blackhawk compares as I see it is now available on the STI site.

Nope, none at all.

The run of these holsters was coordinated through STI/Stacatto for those needing L/E duty holsters that'd work with their pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyone else? Somewhat curious about the Comp-Tac and how the retention release relates to the 1911 safety.
    The retention for the duty holster version is the (at the time we looked at them earlier this year) Blade Tech system. I personally don’t like it because it’s so different in terms of learning curve from other systems. I would say it’s super slow, but I feel a bias based on my experience with the SLS and now the Blackhawk T-Series. It may be fast for some but I’m not there and I can’t see the regular cop used to the SLS getting there.

The quality of the holster is excellent and while big and blocky, the holster body has great retention and if they used a different active retention I’d be all over it.

https://youtu.be/UPBkYUySsV0

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List