Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    I just took the department 2 day rds class. I noticed the hanger was as getting annoying towards the end of the day. Will see how the other adapter works and go with that for awhile before going down the rabbit hole of trying by to get a safariland holster on a Blackhawk qd system ( I occasionally need a Glock 43x als holster on the nylon belt.)

Jason
    J.

I forgot to mention that I picked up the Qore performance ice vents pad for the True North hanger. It helped but wasn't perfect. Something to consider. If I can find the second one I purchased, ill send it to you. If i find it, ill let you know. No clue where it is in my pile of crap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    J.

I forgot to mention that I picked up the Qore performance ice vents pad for the True North hanger. It helped but wasn't perfect. Something to consider. If I can find the second one I purchased, ill send it to you. If i find it, ill let you know. No clue where it is in my pile of crap lol.
    Hey thanks for the offer. If it gets that uncomfortable I’ll figure out another hanger. Got the true north adapter installed and it puts the holster where I want it.

I’m a little ambivalent towards it. The great adaptability just means there’s a lot of screws. I ended up using 2 of the Blackhawk screws to hold the adapter to the holster. 2 Safariland screws through the qls plate to the adapter using Chicago screw posts (I wish more would copy Tenicor and work in anti rotation if using something like this. ) then a third screw through the qls plate, the adapter, and in to the holster.

I have a feeling I’m going to play around with this for a bit more, but this will work for now. Hell maybe I’ll just get the Blackhawk holster for the 43x as well.

Jason
    Last edited by Ndbbm; 04-30-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Wanted to add a data point.

The T-Series L3D RDS *does* indeed work with a Glock 34 and Trijicon SRO and X300 Turbo with *no* issues.

Just got this gun last week so I'm stoked to have a decent holster for it while running drills at the range.

https://imgur.com/a/uGhbDcD

Any word on the rumored changes to be compatible with enclosed optics? I'd really like to try one of these out with a Glock/Acro/x300.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Any word on the rumored changes to be compatible with enclosed optics? I'd really like to try one of these out with a Glock/Acro/x300.
    Unfortunately I don't have any closed emitter optics, but I'm about 95% sure one will fit. Now if the optic cover will close over the ACRO, I'm not sure.

But that part pops right off. I had read in this thread that they are making a replacement optic cover that is slightly redesigned to close over an ACRO, etc. I believe it's around 15-20 posts up from this, back in either Jan or March.

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any closed emitter optics, but I'm about 95% sure one will fit. Now if the optic cover will close over the ACRO, I'm not sure.

But that part pops right off. I had read in this thread that they are making a replacement optic cover that is slightly redesigned to close over an ACRO, etc. I believe it's around 15-20 posts up from this, back in either Jan or March.
    This is accurate. Works with the ACRO & 509T. Just pop the cover off.

That revised cover is specifically what I’m asking about. I’d really prefer to have an optic cover intact if for no other reason than minimizing smudges on the rear lens. The Safariland 7xxx series promised a similar retrofit hood for enclosed emitters that turned out to be poorly executed and quite flappy, so I’m a little hesitant to jump without seeing the “soon” version.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Anyone out there have info on the new hood that works with Steiner MPS, Aimpoint ACRO, etc?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyone out there have info on the new hood that works with Steiner MPS, Aimpoint ACRO, etc?

Last email I saw from vistaoutdoors was they now have a 509T version, but no ACRO/MPS one yet.

“For now the Product # is M990766BKR(VBPD) or M990766BKL(VBPD). This will change to a 44N # at some point.”

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Last email I saw from vistaoutdoors was they now have a 509T version, but no ACRO/MPS one yet.

“For now the Product # is M990766BKR(VBPD) or M990766BKL(VBPD). This will change to a 44N # at some point.”
    This is a Glock product number? Does the VBPD reflect Virginia Beach Police Department?

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-26-2023 at 08:27 PM.

User Tag List