Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Here's the Blackhawk! T-series L3D built to accept a red dot sight. So far this is only available for the Glock and SIG (surprisingly no M&P) although I assume other pistols are in the works.

As with the holster in my OP, this one is only compatible with the Streamlight. Again, I imagine other light models are in the works.

Overall, the holster is pretty much identical to the one in the OP. Same belt mount. Same little tab inside that pops out behind the light. Same thumb latch to release. Really the only thing different is the hood.

The hood sits in front of the veil and is locked in place by a small finger that catches when the veil is locked. The hood is not spring loaded and is "bumped" open by the optic during the draw. When the veil is closed after holstering it pushes the hood closed.

Internal space for the optic is huge. The RMR probably has an inch of clearance above the optic. I imagine the SRO, ACRO, Leupold DP will all work without issue.

One caveat regarding availability. BH appears to only sell the STI 2011 holster through Staccato. There may be other models that are specific to a particular pistol that are exclusive to that manufacturer. Name:  PSX_20201106_143445.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  39.0 KB

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Got my level 2 model for the Glock in. My initial reaction is positive — like the release and way you can tilt the holster some muzzle forward.

Unfortunately, after a number of draws the release stopped working correctly. Either it fails to lock the holster in or release it as desired — takes some jiggling of the release to get it working. Anyone seen this?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Got my level 2 model for the Glock in. My initial reaction is positive — like the release and way you can tilt the holster some muzzle forward.

Unfortunately, after a number of draws the release stopped working correctly. Either it fails to lock the holster in or release it as desired — takes some jiggling of the release to get it working. Anyone seen this?
    I am a dumb ass — was using an X300 and this holster is designed for a TLR-1. Seems to work fine now with the proper light.

CS said they should have an X300 model out in a few months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah the light makes the difference. I have the Staccato P DUO and on can only use the Surefire and nothing else.

I have the level III and pleasantly surprised to be honest. I'm not a Blackhawk fan based on their passed products but this one they got right.

We've got quite a few of these in use now across Southern Arizona. Most are the L3D version for the Glock+TLR but we also have some for the pistol with no light.

So far people seem to like them although we have had one or two people that have turned them in and requested an exchange for the Safariland.

The only troubling report we've seen is regarding pebbles and the retention mechanism. It seems an agent slid down the side of a sandy ravine while making an arrest and found that some small-ish peddles got between the release paddles and the frame of the pistol. This was enough to obstruct the mechanism and effectively lock the pistol in the holster.

Is this a design defect with the holster? Would the same thing have happened with a different brand? I don't know.

In any case, I have sent this anecdote to Blackhawk's LE design branch so they are aware and can make some changes if warranted.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Germany’s Lower Saxony Police Department Converts to Blackhawk Holsters for Duty Use

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Blackhawk, a leader in law enforcement and military equipment for over 20 years, announced today its German distributor Helmut Hofmann has been awarded a contract from the Niedersachsen Police Department in Germany for new duty holsters from Blackhawk’s T-Series Holster line. The Niedersachsen Police Department, which includes the entire Lower Saxony state police, selected the Blackhawk T-Series L3D as its new service holster as part of the full agency conversion from a competitive brand.

The Niedersachsen Police, which is comprised of 8,000 sworn officers, becomes the second largest European contract for Blackhawk T-Series L3D holsters following the recent French Army win. The full-department conversion calls for the thumb operated Level 3 Duty (L3D) T-Series to accommodate the agency’s issued Heckler & Koch SFP9 service pistols as part of a multi-year framework agreement.

The Blackhawk L3D T-Series holster was selected by the Niedersachsen Police after an extensive testing and evaluation period, which included numerous holster models from various competitors. After thoroughly examining each submission, the department chose the Blackhawk holster based on its proprietary lightweight and robust materials plus its safe operating methods that are tailored to the requirements of the respective authorities, which significantly simplifies training.

JD Dulaney, Vice President and General Manager for Blackhawk, said, “We are honored that our T-Series holster has been selected by the Niedersachsen Police. This agency, along with multiple other European allies, have been strong advocates of our products and we are proud to support these men and women with a holster designed to meet the highest standards for performance and reliability.”

Developed with a low-friction internal material, the T-Series holster allows for a smooth and effortless draw, while its external design features a proprietary glass reinforced nylon for the utmost durability. This combination of features has been reported by adopting agencies to not only improve qualification scores by allowing for a smooth, fast draw, but to also promote safer handling of the sidearm.

Adding to its versatility, the T-Series L3D holster comes standard with the Jacket Slot Belt Loop and has three additional mounting options. Users can select either the S.T.R.I.K.E[emoji2400]/MOLLE Platform, or one of Blackhawk’s two different drop leg platforms, all of which can make use of the new patented pending Blackhawk second generation Quick Disconnect System. This unique and one-of-a-kind system allows the holster to be quickly and conveniently moved from one platform to another with no tools required.

Designed to follow Blackhawk’s Master Grip Principal, all T-Series holsters are specifically developed to allow the user’s hand to land naturally where it should in order to deploy the sidearm. This efficient movement pairs with the sound-dampening, low-friction, internal material that translates into a smooth, quiet draw.

For more information on the T-Series L3D holster from Blackhawk or to the view the complete line of T-Series holsters be sure to visit www.blackhawk.com.

Maybe old news to some but I saw this on the 10-8 website today:

https://www.10-8performance.com/blac...s-qls-adapter/

This should not only allow the Blackhawk to work with the QLS systyem but also with the Safariland UBL mounts. Not that that, in and of itself, is probably a big deal but the various lengths of Safariland belt loops might give some customization over ride height. It should also allow the Blackhawk to be mounted to the True North MHA.

*note that True North has an Ominvore MHA adapter plate but he says his plate may not work with all versions of the T-Series. Also, Blackhawk is showing a new QD adapter for the T-Series on the website. It looks like it might be a little slimmer and trimmer than the QLS.

https://blackhawk.com/t-series-quick-detach-qd2/

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe old news to some but I saw this on the 10-8 website today:

https://www.10-8performance.com/blac...s-qls-adapter/

This should not only allow the Blackhawk to work with the QLS systyem but also with the Safariland UBL mounts. Not that that, in and of itself, is probably a big deal but the various lengths of Safariland belt loops might give some customization over ride height. It should also allow the Blackhawk to be mounted to the True North MHA.

*note that True North has an Ominvore MHA adapter plate but he says his plate may not work with all versions of the T-Series. Also, Blackhawk is showing a new QD adapter for the T-Series on the website. It looks like it might be a little slimmer and trimmer than the QLS.

https://blackhawk.com/t-series-quick-detach-qd2/
    I'm generally not a fan of using aftermarket parts or mounting options with factory holsters. That said, for a teaching/training belt the 10-8 option looks pretty cool. One advantage of the QLS system is it allows different Safariland holster types, for different guns, to be run on the same belt. Saves the expense and trouble of multiple belts. The 10-8 piece allows you to do the same for a Blackhawk T Series, which I've become a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'm generally not a fan of using aftermarket parts or mounting options with factory holsters. That said, for a teaching/training belt the 10-8 option looks pretty cool. One advantage of the QLS system is it allows different Safariland holster types, for different guns, to be run on the same belt. Saves the expense and trouble of multiple belts. The 10-8 piece allows you to do the same for a Blackhawk T Series, which I've become a fan of.
    Yep. Seems pretty straightforward and fool proof. No doubt more durable than the 3D printed adapter available elsewhere.

I'm curious about the the QD2 system from Blackhawk. I haven't seen one in person but it looks clean and small.

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/10/0...molle-adapter/

Is there a disadvantage to using the mounting option on a Blackhawk holster for duty use?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post

User Tag List