Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Glock? I didn't know they were shipping yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    LEO samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    LEO samples.
    Post a pic(s) when you get a chance.

All this flashlight stuff kind of makes me wonder why BH can't make a more universal holster. The non-light T-Series has the same internal little tab but it clips behind the trigger guard instead of behind the light. Would it not be possible to make a holster shell that accepts several lights by having the little nub catch on the trigger guard? It would seem easy enough. I'd guess they could make something that would work with the X300, TLR-1, Nightstick TWM, Modlite. Pretty much anything full-size.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'm not 100% certain where the failure was. Entirely possible it was an installation error by the user. In Our environment out here, unless it was a department approved modification, I'd consider it a no go.
    Evidence that none of these QD fasteners are "cop proof."

Note that the two retention tabs are snapped off the bottom of the fork. The fork was broken when the agent fell. He landed on the bottom edge of the holster. The force of the impact drove the holster up hard enough to pop the tabs off.

This was a stock Safariland set-up. No adapter, etc.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    LEO samples.
    We got some preproduction prototype models of the L3D for a 320 w/X300U. They were different material, and not fully finished....but gave us an idea of the final product. Hoping the finished thing isn't "too tight".

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Note that the two retention tabs are snapped off the bottom of the fork. The fork was broken when the agent fell. He landed on the bottom edge of the holster. The force of the impact drove the holster up hard enough to pop the tabs off.

One reason I approved only the QLS-L Kit 2. The locking mechanism hopefully provides a bit more security/strength. Of course.....cops can and will break anything eventually.

I approved only the QLS-L Kit 2.
    Not familiar with this. Is that different than the QLS-19 fork?

Not familiar with this. Is that different than the QLS-19 fork?

On the Safariland website it's listed as Kit 2. Includes the QLS19 fork and QLS22L plate. The plate has a little locking mechanism that prevents "inadvertent " release of the fork. Requires removing the gunbelt to release the lock and remove the holster. I dont know how much more support it gives, but anything is better than nothing. And for patrol use there is essentially no need to "quickly" remove your holster from the belt.

Thanks for the heads up. I took a propelled spill about a month ago that also had me landing on the bottom edge of my 7360 with QLS. Still using the rig, but I will check it more closely next shift. I suspect maybe less force than your agent, but it was still enough to mess up my hip/back a bit.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I took a propelled spill about a month ago that also had me landing on the bottom edge of my 7360 with QLS. Still using the rig, but I will check it more closely next shift. I suspect maybe less force than your agent, but it was still enough to mess up my hip/back a bit.
    Maybe he just happened to land in the magic spot. I don't have all the details but it didn't result in any sort of medical attention or anything that I know of.

On the Safariland website it's listed as Kit 2. Includes the QLS19 fork and QLS22L plate. The plate has a little locking mechanism that prevents "inadvertent " release of the fork.
    Got a pic you can post of the 22L plate? There's nothing on the Safariland site and I can't seem to find one on the web. I watched a couple QLS videos too but am not seeing anything for the L.

User Tag List