Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    Is there a disadvantage to using the mounting option on a Blackhawk holster for duty use?
    Don't know. It might be perfectly workable. But other interface products to combine holsters and mounting systems from different manufacturers have proven less than durable and reliable in on duty use in the past. This has led to lost guns in the holster during grab attempts, and Officer Involved Shootings as a result. Especially here in California, with the changes to the Penal Code re: Police use of Deadly Force, and how an officers "tactical conduct" and pre incident decision making can be used against us to decide criminal liability, I'd make damn sure that modification was approved in writing by your department.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'd make damn sure that modification was approved in writing by your department.
    Sound advice even with something as minor as this plate adapter.

With that said, I think there's little chance of something like this taking a legally justified use of force and turning it into a "bad shoot" especially when this doesn't change the mechanism of retention or require the user to drill new holes, etc.

And Lok Tite is your friend...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Sound advice even with something as minor as this plate adapter.

With that said, I think there's little chance of something like this taking a legally justified use of force and turning it into a "bad shoot" especially when this doesn't change the mechanism of retention or require the user to drill new holes, etc.

And Lok Tite is your friend...

An officer with a southern California agency lost his holstered pistol to a suspect during a struggle. He was using a G Code Roti type adapter on his Safariland holster. It resulted in an OIS. I can tell you I would not want to be that cop having the same incident in my city in 2021, if written policy didn't authorize the modification. We're playing a whole different game out here.

An officer with a southern California agency lost his holstered pistol to a suspect during a struggle. He was using a G Code Roti type adapter on his Safariland holster. It resulted in an OIS. I can tell you I would not want to be that cop having the same incident in my city in 2021, if written policy didn't authorize the modification. We're playing a whole different game out here.
    Was the failure at the RTI wheel or at the adapter plate between the holster and mount?

Edit to add--I'm not trying to argue. I'm actually curious about what failed.

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-10-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Was the failure at the RTI wheel or at the adapter plate between the holster and mount?

Edit to add--I'm not trying to argue. I'm actually curious about what failed.

I'm not 100% certain where the failure was. Entirely possible it was an installation error by the user. In Our environment out here, unless it was a department approved modification, I'd consider it a no go.

That all said, I'm planning on ordering one of those 10-8 adapters. Like I mentioned, I think its great for a teaching/training belt.

10-8 adapter received and installed. The adapter fits snugly on the three posts on the back of the holster. It actually almost snaps into place.

The adapter plus QLS system does give a bit of stand-off from the body. The adapter is in line with the holster but there is a little angle adjustment in the QLS fork.

10-8 adapter received and installed. The adapter fits snugly on the three posts on the back of the holster. It actually almost snaps into place.

The adapter plus QLS system does give a bit of stand-off from the body. The adapter is in line with the holster but there is a little angle adjustment in the QLS fork.

That looks hot.

My X300 holsters arrived.

They are significantly tighter than my TLR holsters.

I haven't used them enough to tell whether or not they're going to break in.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    My X300 holsters arrived.

They are significantly tighter than my TLR holsters.

I haven't used them enough to tell whether or not they're going to break in.
    Glock? I didn't know they were shipping yet.

That looks hot.
    Sure seems solid. I'd guess anything that would cause the adapter to fail would likely break the QLS system at one of its mounting points or break the holster itself. Too bad I don't have any sort of way to test.

The next question will be fitment with something like the True North MHA and/or Black Box HAM.

User Tag List