Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the leg strap attachment? It looks really well designed and its something id like to try.
    No experience with the leg strap. Sorry.

The jacket slot belt loop is an inch or two too low for me. I just ordered the mid height loop off Amazon. I should have it tomorrow.

Does the belt loop/shank feel more durable than the old SERPA ones? I seem to recall multiple reports of holstered guns being ripped off duty belts during fights (real or ECQC I cannot remember) due to poor quality belt attachments.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Does the belt loop/shank feel more durable than the old SERPA ones? I seem to recall multiple reports of holstered guns being ripped off duty belts during fights (real or ECQC I cannot remember) due to poor quality belt attachments.
    The belt loop is pretty much the same as the one off the SERPA! as far as I can tell. But I haven't messed with a SERPA! in a few years and don't have one to compare with.

The two loops of the shank are attached to the shank body with two screws. One at the bottom of each arm of the loop. Then the shank itself is attached to the holster by three screws. In all cases, the screws are backed with steel nuts/inserts.

Here's the ride height mid ride loop. It sits probably a good 2 inches higher than the jacket slot.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

According to the Tactical Wire, Blackhawk has released versions for Colt 1911s and Springfield XDs.

Site Supporter
    If they make these for the M&P, you truly cannot access the trigger with a WML attached, and the attachment holds up better than those of the Serpa, I would consider the holster.

I like the ALS, but the attachment is not the most comfortable. I’ve lived with it for years, and I can continue to deal with it. Still, a quality holster that is more comfortable would be nice.

Our port is giving us SO much issue with weapon lights due to holsters... not going to be an option even if OFO allows them (don’t think they will).

I have an Omnivore laying around somewhere... either here or still in NJ. It wasn’t a slim setup, but Blackhawk did build it decently. If they changed up the Serpa to a thumb release... I’m sure it is squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Our port is giving us SO much issue with weapon lights due to holsters... not going to be an option even if OFO allows them (don’t think they will).
    Please interpret that for us non-customs (I think) people.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Brass doesn’t like change, and is arguing against weapon lights since there “technically” isn’t a specified holster for weapons lights. No way will they let different brands of holsters being used.

Office of Field Operations approved multiple weapon lights... but doubt they approved another holster brand than Safariland.

Alien gear duty holster

I have been using an Alien Gear duty holster for several months now. I just completed a second course with it as well. I'm running a G45 w/RMR and Streamlight HL.

The release and draw are very quick. Mine is a level III.

The pictured is the high ride height and during July 4th was walking/working a 15 hr shift and found out it hits right on my hip bone. Called Alien Gear and getting the mid-height bracket.

No issues so far.

User Tag List