Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Here's the Blackhawk! T-series L3D built to accept a red dot sight. So far this is only available for the Glock and SIG (surprisingly no M&P) although I assume other pistols are in the works.

As with the holster in my OP, this one is only compatible with the Streamlight. Again, I imagine other light models are in the works.

Overall, the holster is pretty much identical to the one in the OP. Same belt mount. Same little tab inside that pops out behind the light. Same thumb latch to release. Really the only thing different is the hood.

The hood sits in front of the veil and is locked in place by a small finger that catches when the veil is locked. The hood is not spring loaded and is "bumped" open by the optic during the draw. When the veil is closed after holstering it pushes the hood closed.

Internal space for the optic is huge. The RMR probably has an inch of clearance above the optic. I imagine the SRO, ACRO, Leupold DP will all work without issue.

One caveat regarding availability. BH appears to only sell the STI 2011 holster through Staccato. There may be other models that are specific to a particular pistol that are exclusive to that manufacturer. Name:  PSX_20201106_143445.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  39.0 KB

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Got my level 2 model for the Glock in. My initial reaction is positive like the release and way you can tilt the holster some muzzle forward.

Unfortunately, after a number of draws the release stopped working correctly. Either it fails to lock the holster in or release it as desired takes some jiggling of the release to get it working. Anyone seen this?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Got my level 2 model for the Glock in. My initial reaction is positive like the release and way you can tilt the holster some muzzle forward.

Unfortunately, after a number of draws the release stopped working correctly. Either it fails to lock the holster in or release it as desired takes some jiggling of the release to get it working. Anyone seen this?
    I am a dumb ass was using an X300 and this holster is designed for a TLR-1. Seems to work fine now with the proper light.

CS said they should have an X300 model out in a few months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah the light makes the difference. I have the Staccato P DUO and on can only use the Surefire and nothing else.

I have the level III and pleasantly surprised to be honest. I'm not a Blackhawk fan based on their passed products but this one they got right.

We've got quite a few of these in use now across Southern Arizona. Most are the L3D version for the Glock+TLR but we also have some for the pistol with no light.

So far people seem to like them although we have had one or two people that have turned them in and requested an exchange for the Safariland.

The only troubling report we've seen is regarding pebbles and the retention mechanism. It seems an agent slid down the side of a sandy ravine while making an arrest and found that some small-ish peddles got between the release paddles and the frame of the pistol. This was enough to obstruct the mechanism and effectively lock the pistol in the holster.

Is this a design defect with the holster? Would the same thing have happened with a different brand? I don't know.

In any case, I have sent this anecdote to Blackhawk's LE design branch so they are aware and can make some changes if warranted.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List