Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk T Series Duty Holster

Quick thread drift about the true north belt adapters, will they mount on a regular safariland duty belt?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Quick thread drift about the true north belt adapters, will they mount on a regular safariland duty belt?

Jason
    Yes. They're extremely modular. I believe you can get this thing onto a 2 inch belt. Anything over that might be pushing it.

You can also bypass that issue by running the MHA on a techlok. That will allow you to mount this thing on basically anything.
    Last edited by Magsz; 05-01-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Working with my T Series L3D RDS holster today doing some Blake's drills to just really push my trigger speed and transitions. I have been out of competition shooting for most of the pandemic, so I haven't been working some skill development as well as I could.

I am by no means fast.....I am old and broken. But I am sadly faster than most of my staff....just because they don't really understand what fast really is. One of my guys came out onto the range while I was shooting, and thought I was using my competition rig. As close to a 1 second draw as I come is about 1.05- 1.1 consistently, with my comp rig. I am literally just as fast with the T Series.....1.05s pretty consistently. It's one of my favorite features about the thing: a retention holster that can be as fast as a competition rig.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I am by no means fast.....I am old and broken. But I am sadly faster than most of my staff....just because they don't really understand what fast really is.
    So much this.

If you don’t mind, to avoid the railing this thread I’m going to quote you it a new thread in the LE section regarding the insularity of LE firearms Instructors and programs.

My QD2 plates arrived today.

I installed one on a JSBL.

The thing is tight and one of the locking tabs doesn't want to really engage.

When the Delta plate (the male portion of the QD) is loose, the tabs on the female locking assembly move freely. Once you torque the screws on the delta plate down to 18 inch pounds, the locking tabs become very hard to engage. Anyone else having this issue?

The thing works and it seems to lock up tight but this is not quite as "smooth" as the QLS system from Safariland. Maybe it just needs a little bit of break in.

Also, I have no clue how i'm actually going to disengage the holster when its mounted on my body lol! I need to play with this more as I have yet to mount it to a belt.

The BH definitely needs a new hood. As reported, the current angled hood does not close with a Steiner or Aimpoint on the pistol. BH is currently recommending removal of the hood if running an enclosed emitter.

This does allow the top retention strap to rotate into place but it does also mean the rear optic window is pretty much wide open and exposed. It might not be so bad if the optic was recessed inside the holster a bit more.

The smudge is lost in the photo but the rear window has a pretty good grease smudge from getting touched by a sweaty forearm or hand.

With this said, I exchanged holsters/pistols with another shooter today and let him take a spin with the Shadow Systems/Steiner/Blackhawk combo. It is possible he touched the rear window while manipulating the gun. But I didn't notice the smudge when we re-exchanged equipment later. I believe I bumped the optic with my forearm sometime later.

A big deal? Not really. But it does leave the optic open partially to the elements. I think it is only matter of time before the window gets covered in additional grease, dust, debris. Maybe badly scratched during movement.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I see the QLS to T-Series adapters are in stock again on Hilton Yam's site.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Between these and the Safariland ALS, which would you pick for a Glock?

Has anyone tried Gould and Goodrich duty holsters?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Between these and the Safariland ALS, which would you pick for a Glock?

Has anyone tried Gould and Goodrich duty holsters?
    If you want to be able to run a pressure switch for a weaponlight, then the Blackhawk. Personally I'd run the Blackhawk even without that.....unless I was running an ALS only with the Nub mod.

We have tried the Gould and Goodrich holsters. They are super responsive to feedback, and made multiple changes we recommended. Still not ready for prime time in my opinion.

ETA: the Blackhawks speed is what sells it for me personally. With the T Series L3D, I'm faster than an ALS only weaponlight holster with a Nub mod. As I've said before, once you're accustomed to it, it's as fast as a competition rig.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If you want to be able to run a pressure switch for a weaponlight, then the Blackhawk. Personally I'd run the Blackhawk even without that.....unless I was running an ALS only with the Nub mod.

We have tried the Gould and Goodrich holsters. They are super responsive to feedback, and made multiple changes we recommended. Still not ready for prime time in my opinion.

ETA: the Blackhawks speed is what sells it for me personally. With the T Series L3D, I'm faster than an ALS only weaponlight holster with a Nub mod. As I've said before, once you're accustomed to it, it's as fast as a competition rig.

Do you think the security is as good as the ALS?

I’m holding out hope that US Duty Gear gives us a quality level 3 holster.

Maybe I should, but I do not use a weapon mounted light. I did not like the gap/access to the trigger the light bearing holster allowed.

User Tag List