Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handcuff Case Options

Handcuff Case Options

I’m curious what options you all are using for plainclothes/street clothes. I’m looking for a low profile leather or Kydex OWB option for a 1.5 inch belt. Most threads I’ve seen are 5-10 years old. I’m sure there are new options out there. Currently I use a Don Hume C306-1 which isn’t bad, but it’s seems a little bulky and slides up and down.

Plainclothes?

My belt.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

DSG Arms makes a decent Kydex one. It’s what me and my guys use.

https://dsgarms.com/d4-owb-kydex-sin...dcuff-carriers
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Some places frown on/forbid just using belt.

That DSG case looks good.

Depending on clothes and need, I like the combo cuff case and light pouch because i find lights are valuable and uncomfortable to carry in pockets of nicer pants. Galco makes or made a CFPB combo pouch, although it might be discontinued now. I also like the Galco SC9 cuff case, if leather suits your purpose. Sorry to sound like a Galco shill, but I do like some of their stuff.

I’m still using this daily and very happy with it. You probably saw it in one of the older threads.

https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/pro...rrier-creator/

Before this I used the Galco for several years until the snap failed. I’ve talked to others who had the same failure which is why I went with the Kydex from ANR.

I use a long discontinued Bianchi that snaps over a duty belt but also has slots for a 1.5” belt. I’d probably go with Galco if I needed to replace it. You might also see if Desantis has anything that looks useful.

We also issued a Safariland mag/cuff combo pouch to plainclothes people. They seemed to work well.

I use a Safariland open top case with a blazer. Works great.

Name:  97ABE267-833E-4E14-A77B-9D5072F84FD2.jpeg
Views: 320
Size:  15.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I like Aker cuff cases and their cuff/mag combo.

I’ve used one of these for a long time. I’d love to find a good option in Kydex.

https://gouldusa.com/products/handcu...a92598ad&_ss=r

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Plainclothes?

My belt.
    I did that for a while 10 or 12 years ago (I was younger and thought it looked cool), until I was in a foot pursuit one day, and the cuffs flipped up and worked their way down my pants and out one of pant legs. I caught the guy, but had no handcuffs.

User Tag List