Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols (and pistol mounted optics) I saw this week

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Pistols & Optics This Week – 08/22-26

Sig P365XL & Holosun 407k (this shooter started with a Glock 17, FCD plate [which loosened up], Trij RMR 06)
    I can provide a little more detail. When I remounted the RMR, I noted that it took a lot of force to snap the FCD plate into place on the slide. I believe that when I initially mounted it I left it a little high on the right side, and when it eventually worked into place it left low torque on the screw.

The sight has been remounted but not re-shot -- I'll mention in my TJ when I zero it and prove it back in.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I can provide a little more detail. When I remounted the RMR, I noted that it took a lot of force to snap the FCD plate into place on the slide. I believe that when I initially mounted it I left it a little high on the right side, and when it eventually worked into place it left low torque on the screw.

The sight has been remounted but not re-shot -- I'll mention in my TJ when I zero it and prove it back in.
    I can see that. I actually had to tap a FCD plate onto my MOS G19 with a gunsmithing hammer because I couldn’t press it into the pocket by hand. The tolerances were TIGHT.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I recently purchased a DPP and Dawson back-up rear sight to try on my Staccato P DPO. It looks to me like Dawson has changed the rear sight, and it now incorporates a large hole for a screw to tighten the sight directly to the slide. Since the rear sight fits to the DPP itself (quite tightly), it acts as a third mounting screw for the DPP assembly. I had not seen this before; clearly it requires one of the more recent manufacture Staccato DPOs that uses the revised slide cover plate that tightens to the pistol via a screw housed in the rear sight. My only complaint is that Dawson included a 9/64 hex screw, and not a T15 (like the DPP screws).

Name:  DPP - 1.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  100.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I recently purchased a DPP and Dawson back-up rear sight to try on my Staccato P DPO. It looks to me like Dawson has changed the rear sight, and it now incorporates a large hole for a screw to tighten the sight directly to the slide. Since the rear sight fits to the DPP itself (quite tightly), it acts as a third mounting screw for the DPP assembly. I had not seen this before; clearly it requires one of the more recent manufacture Staccato DPOs that uses the revised slide cover plate that tightens to the pistol via a screw housed in the rear sight. My only complaint is that Dawson included a 9/64 hex screw, and not a T15 (like the DPP screws).

Name:  DPP - 1.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  100.7 KB
    Very nice! This might be a solution to the Staccato/DPP mount issues we’ve seen. I’ll be checking that out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It would be interesting if we could have a master data base where we logged red dot failures from many people. I am thinking we could have some broad categories like:

Mounting failures -- plates, screws and other mounting problems

Mechanical zero failures -- where the optic lost zero due to an internal problem ad opposed to the optic coming loose

Electronic failures -- like dot emitter, switches

With many entries over time, I bet patterns would show.
    I’m sure you’re fully aware, but, I figured I’d bring this up for any nerds that want to read a 73 page white paper on RDS development. Also designed to provide data for department/agency RDS adoption.

Germaine to the discussion; page 17-21 has the closest thing extant to what you are proposing. Of note, he includes data from graduates of his course on pg 20-21.
    https://www.sagedynamics.org/_files/...bb23e912fa.pdf
    Aaron Cowan may even have a data dump for you or participate if you started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Very nice! This might be a solution to the Staccato/DPP mount issues we’ve seen. I’ll be checking that out.
    I’ve been running one for the past year or so… DPP still hangs on for, at best, ~500 rounds at a stretch. For me.

A Gen 5 19/45 with a factory RMR cut would simplify a lot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A Gen 5 19/45 with a factory RMR cut would simplify a lot.
    Already done, but only for LE agency sales. Also, there is an ACRO and DPP version. Just G-45 now, but that will change.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Already done, but only for LE agency sales. Also, there is an ACRO and DPP version. Just G-45 now, but that will change.
    Do you have an ETA on the 45 with the MOS 7 for sale to the general public?

Cheers, Steve

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc45 View Post
    Do you have an ETA on the 45 with the MOS 7 for sale to the general public?

Cheers, Steve
    No solid info, but I'd guess at least a couple of years.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List