Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Goes for the Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    She is not even remotely the only black police chief of a major metropolitan department.
    OK. I stand corrected. Salary comparisons for chief of a city with a population of 750K? I bet it's more than $178K. A lot more.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-09-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Everything will be absolutely, perfectly fine. Just fine. Even as Seattle falls apart.

If I want to go tinfoil here, it's all part of the plan. Sabotage your big, left leaning cities with self destructive policies, then have all your rich, left leaning fat cats move to other states and vote for the exact same crap that destroyed their home areas.
    You’re not tin-foil hat at all.

Two of the City Council members are avowed Marxist’s and their stated goal is to essentially abolish the police and ruin the city.

Student
    I would not be surprised if certain people take advantage of vacated properties and very low property values.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I would not be surprised if certain people take advantage of vacated properties and very low property values.
    As in COMMUNIST billionaires set up chaos and then buy at fire sale prices ?

Twenty SPD employees out-earned police chief Carmen Best ($289,420). The five highest paid included Ron Morgan Willis (patrol officer - $414,543); William Edward Jr (sergeant - $360,277); Steven Kim (officer - $332,274); Eric Zerr (sergeant - $331,413); and Brian Miles (sergeant - $328,338).

Other high earners included assistant chief of collaborative policing Adrian Diaz ($241,802), who seeks to foster positive relationships between the department and the community; hostage negotiation officer James Garner ($273,917); and bomb squad sergeant Daniel Miller ($279,266).
    I have zero problem with these people earning what they do. Seattle is a unique city with unique problems and solving those problems is expensive. I have MASSIVE problems with the City Council moving the goal posts--and possibly violating contracts--in meetings that are not open to the public in violation of SOP.

Fuck the Chief over financially for "disloyalty" if you want but have the courage to show people who you truly are. You don't get to take the low road to claim the high ground.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    As in COMMUNIST billionaires set up chaos and then buy at fire sale prices ?
    Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own.

Council has voted to layoff 100 officers.

https://mynorthwest.com/2083086/city...rove-cuts-spd/

the department has been focused on hiring more people of color to better represent different communities. Consequently, the council will force the department to fire minority officers.
    https://mynorthwest.com/2081768/rant...ople-of-color/

People won't be able to sell their real estate and leave that city fast enough.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Student
    Carmen Best is resigning.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...c-4c4d616a7458

SEATTLE — Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best has announced that she will be resigning next month.

The news of Best's resignation comes on the same day the Seattle City Council voted to cut spending for the Seattle Police Department.

Best has been dealing with issues regarding police brutality nationally, as well as police use of force during Seattle protests, and navigating the Consent Decree

Born in Tacoma, Chief Best appears to be a local, serving in the SPD since 1992.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Best

She always struck me as the adult in the room during Chaz/Chop shenanigans, but I’m not familiar with how the citizens view her performance.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-11-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

She always struck me as the adult in the room during Chaz/Chop shenanigans, but I’m not familiar with how the citizens view her performance.
    The citizens viewed her as being handcuffed to do anything about the homeless and rising crime due to the policies of the insane City Council.

But what is funny is that only 6 months ago the Seattle PD was being praised both locally and nationally as a model of how policing should be done.

Now they’re defunded and need a new boss.

Hopefully they’ll hire someone that will fill the buckets of “equity, social justice, and BIPOC”.

Seattle is on the fast lane to becoming Detroit.

User Tag List