Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle Goes for the Gold

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

With any luck she'll show up in the governor's mansion before too long.
    That would be brilliant

It's in November. We just had the primary, so she'd have to be a write-in. I think that we should give her a few days to ponder retirement before we thrust her back into the spotlight. Leaving the place where you've worked for 28 years has got to be a shock, especially on such short notice and under these circumstances.

Okie John
    Looks like Loren Culp (R) was second in the WA primary. Do you see any chance of his winning this November?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks like Loren Culp (R) was second in the WA primary. Do you see any chance of his winning this November?
    I have no idea--I haven't followed his campaign very closely. People are pissed at the incumbent, Jay Inslee, for raising the budget for his security detail just before he ran for the Democratic presidential nomination, so the state taxpayers had to pick up the tab for that. He's also allowed a $30 car tab measure to get held up in the courts and people are pissed about his COVID-19 response, so Culp may well stand a chance.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have no idea--I haven't followed his campaign very closely. People are pissed at the incumbent, Jay Inslee, for raising the budget for his security detail just before he ran for the Democratic presidential nomination, so the state taxpayers had to pick up the tab for that. He's also allowed a $30 car tab measure to get held up in the courts and people are pissed about his COVID-19 response, so Culp may well stand a chance.

Okie John
    K.

I was thinking, maybe Chief Best knows Culp, him being ex-LEO. Perhaps she could join his team as Lt Gov? Just spit balling mind.

I too agree she’s probably got to take a minute with her family after she steps down in Sep.

K.

I was thinking, maybe Chief Best knows Culp, him being ex-LEO. Perhaps she could join his team as Lt Gov? Just spit balling mind.

I too agree she’s probably got to take a minute with her family after she steps down in Sep.
    Sadly, the Lt. Gov. runs separately here.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

His chances are minuscule, unless the “progressives” that have had their property values fucked, are tired of their local businesses destroyed, and have seen their local government abandoned them decide that they are gonna choose something better for themselves.

As opposed to simply voting for the candidate with a D next to their name.

When Inslee was asked about CHAZ/CHOP and the saying “that’s news to me”

What an absolute obtuse piece of trash.

Culp has my vote all day
    Last edited by NWshooter; 08-11-2020 at 10:02 PM.

This will be Inslee's 3rd term if he wins. The odds that he can do that don't look real good considering 1) only one WA. governor has previously done that and 2), he played dumb about the Seattle riots. Seems every one in the country knew about it except Inslee. Totally blew the entire thing off.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I dunno. I don’t think we can underestimate the big city’s desire to keep digging while in a hole. Plus, the siren song of the big D next to any name.

That said, I’ll be voting Culp. But I’d vote for most this side of Harris over Inslee at this point. I mean, I wish him well, so long as it’s anywhere but in an office where he can have an effect on my life.

No Republican governor can be elected in Washington today.

"Every country has the government it deserves".

I have friends and family in eastern Washington that only vote D. Only one time did I hear one of them consider voting for an R was when Mike Lowry was thinking of running for reelection.

Washington is solid dem now.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List