Thread: Finally Talked Jr into Trading Model 19 Back!

Finally Talked Jr into Trading Model 19 Back!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  26.5 KB
Views: 496
Size:  24.8 KB
Views: 495
Size:  27.7 KB

I spotted a Model 19-5 at the LGS earlier this year, and Jr told me he wanted it. He gave me the cash, and I instantly regretted giving it to him. He’s going into Wuhan Cooties survivalist mode, so I was able to trade him a Ruger MKIII and 1,000 rounds or .22 LR for this great revolver! The lockup is great, and it’s bullseye accurate. The stock grips are a huge chunk of timber, and I can’t decide whether to swap them out yet. I knew he’d eventually crack, especially since he also bought a Model 686 Plus. I’m Giddy...lol!

EDIT: The poor photography doesn’t show the excellent condition of the bluing, but that’s always the case with me. It’s a square butt model.
    Last edited by FrankB; 07-31-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Site Supporter
    Man, I remember and love that gun. Wish I still had mine...

pat

A model 29 was the first firearm I bought. Still have it, with Pachmyr grips.

If you put .44 specials in it, its an excellent way for women to learn how to handle full size pistols because the recoil is minimal and they love it.

While not the same caliber I love the ergos on those revolvers.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 07-31-2020 at 04:45 PM.

I just gut a set of ahrend grips for my m19-3. Kinda disapointed as the fit is so poor.

They feel nice though

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just gut a set of ahrend grips for my m19-3. Kinda disapointed as the fit is so poor.

They feel nice though
    I’ve shot this gun before, and the grips were fine at the range. They feel huge at home. Jr bought some wood grips for his new 686, and they feel tiny in comparison. I’ll shoot it tomorrow, and see how it goes.

4 inch Model 19!! That's a gun everyone should own. I have a 19-5, a Model 66-1 is my one gun that got away in 1985.

If you arent a fraid to do a little work on the wood, the factory grips can generally be improved significantly. I noticed most of the older guns from the 50s and 60s had really good feeling grips, I started comparing and whittling down my later grips with files and wood rasps and sandpaper and made the guns feel completely different. Most later grips feel pretty square and blocky, not the best fit in most hands.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Traditional 4" Model 19s (especially with all black sights) are likely my most favorite handguns of all. That one looks great and reminds me of a couple of 19-3s that I owned back in the day and that now are listed in my "Book of Tears" (credit to Bolke for that title). Enjoy that and I've found that the Hogue Monogrips take care of my grip needs nicely at great prices and availability.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List