Thread: “Bonded” ivory grips, who makes the best looking sets

“Bonded” ivory grips, who makes the best looking sets

I have a stable of S&W revolvers that I want to add some different grips. Mostly L & N frames but a couple of J frames.
    I would like all of them to at least resemble each other. I have large hands and most of these are hunting or field guns.
    I have been looking at the Altamont bonded ivory grips and also the VZ white G10 so any input is appreciated.

Here are a set of the VZ stocks on my 10-6.

Name:  IMG_20190712_094155.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  102.5 KB

Thank you for the reply. Very nice looking gun, any trouble keeping them clean?
    These are two of the ones I would like to change the grips on, a 617(no dash) 8 3/8 and a 647 (17HMR) 8 3/8” they currently are wearing Ahrends Mordillo grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No issues yet. I really like them. I was running the square butt magnas with a T-grip before and while I liked that set up I wanted something a little fancier. I have a 64-4 that I may put them on later, but the 64-4 is wearing elk stocks and T-grips.

Smooth ones might be different but the checkered ivory g10s on my 1911 are grease/carbon magnets. They look nice though
    Name:  1486833610712-351368943-144612_JPG-1149862.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  28.0 KB

You might want to do a search for “magna tusk” on ebay. Lots of variations on bonded ivory and stag. I’ve got a couple pairs for Ruger SA’s.
    Another place to look is https://gungrip.com/, NC Ordnance. I’ve got a couple pairs of his bonded ivory grips for S&W revolvers.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List