Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock sights with thin front sight

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Mostly, I meant you can mix and match front sight heights/widths and rear sight styles/widths. If they make the sights, but don't offer the specific front/rear combo you are looking for on their website, you can order them separately via a phone call.There is a limit to how thin you can go and still get a tritium insert in the front sight ( I believe .125" is as thin as you can go with Ameriglo). I'm not sure you can specify a notch width that they don't currently make, but its probably worth asking.

In my case, I wanted the square notch of the "Bold" sights that I believe Glock now "owns" the name of, but I wanted a .125" width X .190" high front sight to split the difference between the .200" Gen5 sights, and the .180" Gen 1-4 sights. That rear sight isn't available on their website as a stand alone item, though the front sight is. I also ordered the front sight in the lumi-green (Glock Bolds are orange/red only). Cost was ~$130 for the set... which is a bit more than buying a set of Bolds from someone like GT Distributors etc, but I got exactly what I wanted.

I don't know if a 6-8 week wait is normal, or if I just caught them at a bad time (May/June) with the 'rona panic, Atlanta riots (they are nearby), etc. I did have to call a few times to get updates and tracking info.
    What is the width of your rear notch? What part numbers did you ask for/get? Ameriglo's website is notoriously sucky with giving full information. Closest I can find there to the Bold style combo was the Trooper: https://ameriglo.com/collections/pro...k-trooper-sets

But that uses what looks like a serrated Operator rear rather than a serrated Pro Operator rear.

I basically just want the Bold sights but in .125 front/.150 rear combo.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Trijicon sight set

On my HK USP 45, I have a set of Trijicon HD sights, HK 106Y. The front post is .144 with a .169 rear sight notch. The XR front sight is .122 with a .169 rear sight notch. The HD sights have ample light on both sides of the front sight for a good sight picture. Since you want a .125 sight, there will be more than ample amount of light on both sides of the XR front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    On my HK USP 45, I have a set of Trijicon HD sights, HK 106Y. The front post is .144 with a .169 rear sight notch. The XR front sight is .122 with a .169 rear sight notch. The HD sights have ample light on both sides of the front sight for a good sight picture. Since you want a .125 sight, there will be more than ample amount of light on both sides of the XR front sight.
    Problem with HDs is the rears are very sharp. Not to mention, given that Ameriglo stocks different height fronts, a POI adjustment is available. Not so for HDs AFAIK. I also think too wide a rear notch/front difference makes precision more challenging.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    What is the width of your rear notch? What part numbers did you ask for/get? Ameriglo's website is notoriously sucky with giving full information. Closest I can find there to the Bold style combo was the Trooper: https://ameriglo.com/collections/pro...k-trooper-sets

But that uses what looks like a serrated Operator rear rather than a serrated Pro Operator rear.

I basically just want the Bold sights but in .125 front/.150 rear combo.
    Rear notch measures .163-.164" with my crappy calipers. Rear sight part number GL90070 (Serrated 2 Dot Black Outline), Front sight was a GL-212T-190-GRC (ProGlo Thin .190" H LumiGreen).

The rear sight is NOT listed on their website as a stand alone item ( last I checked), you have to call them. I believe Glock "owns" the "Bold" (square notch) sight, and they cant list it for sale, but don't quote me on that. The U-notch "agent" sights are similar. I can't answer if they can make either in a .150" notch or not.

My understanding is that the Troopers came about because the Bold and Agent rear sights are too long to fit properly behind a MOS plate without overhanging the back of the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Rear notch measures .163-.164" with my crappy calipers. Rear sight part number GL90070 (Serrated 2 Dot Black Outline), Front sight was a GL-212T-190-GRC (ProGlo Thin .190" H LumiGreen).

The rear sight is NOT listed on their website as a stand alone item ( last I checked), you have to call them. I believe Glock "owns" the "Bold" (square notch) sight, and they cant list it for sale, but don't quote me on that. The U-notch "agent" sights are similar. I can't answer if they can make either in a .150" notch or not.

My understanding is that the Troopers came about because the Bold and Agent rear sights are too long to fit properly behind a MOS plate without overhanging the back of the slide.
    Thanks dude! That's really helpful info.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Check out 10-8 and Warren Tactical for .125 and thinner front sights.

I use Dawson fiber optic fronts, but they are very narrow at .105" Currently I'm running RB1 rears because I replaced the RB1 fronts with the Dawson fronts.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Check out 10-8 and Warren Tactical for .125 and thinner front sights.
    Yes, 10-8 has a .125 front sight, and MOS compatible rear.

https://www.10-8performance.com/gloc...ht-all-styles/

https://www.10-8performance.com/gloc...d-height-gen2/

Heinie straight 8 plus paint works well for me

Site Supporter
    I really like the yellow Ameriglo TCAP front paired with a black rear.

User Tag List