Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Proposes Delaying Election

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    American history is filled with asshole Presidents that talked all kinds of crazy shit.
    Trump is just the first one to take advantage of modern social media.
    I find Trumps utter lack of civility in the face of the relentless leftists attacks on him to be fucking glorious.
    Andrew Jackson would approve.
    If a citizen made a threat against the president, the Secret Service wouldn't look at it like "oh, it's just old George blowing off steam again". I know because I've worked those type of cases for my own agencies and as an agent assigned to Secret Service protection details in the past.

Likewise, a president, who also takes an oath to defend the nation and constitution, should not trifle with the liberties guaranteed therein.

I really could care less about how he goads the Dems or plays his political games with his opponents. Belittle them, call them by various names etc. That reflects upon him alone and people can judge him for that.

Don't play fast and loose with talk about our rights. That's a whole 'nother matter imho. One protected by and written with the blood of our citizens past and present...an obligation that he himself chose to avoid in the past.

I wholeheartedly want the Dems to lose in the House, the Senate and the White House...but that doesn't mean that anything goes for the man occupying the position.

This, imho, has nothing at all to do with leftists. I am not one and I take umbrage at his playing games in this manner.

We are free to disagree, and I respect you as a friend here. But this does not sit well with me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    For the record, delaying the presidential election in this republic is unacceptable no matter who proposes it.
    And any sitting president should be excoriated for even suggesting such a thing.

If this tweet has any effect on fence-sitting voters, it will be to cost him votes. It’s a poor move any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Political Genius or Egotistic Idiot - only our Alien Overlords know for sure. Or maybe it is our demon overlords.

Interesting that conservatives think it is genius. If a Democratic president suggested this, you would be crapping in your pants to get your modern sporting rifle to the barricades.

Cognitive dissonance strikes again.
    You seem to be devoting quite a bit of energy defending a certain perspective. It appears that Mr. Trump has gotten under your skin. Again.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

American history is filled with asshole Presidents that talked all kinds of crazy shit.
    Trump is just the first one to take advantage of modern social media.
    I find Trumps utter lack of civility in the face of the relentless leftists attacks on him to be fucking glorious.
    Andrew Jackson would approve.
    Maybe he's covering for the worst GDP fall in recorded history which came out today?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    For the record, delaying the presidential election in this republic is unacceptable no matter who proposes it.
    And any sitting president should be excoriated for even suggesting such a thing.

If this tweet has any effect on fence-sitting voters, it will be to cost him votes. It’s a poor move any way you look at it.
    Yep, he's going into a stall/spin. It's a desperation move.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I don't think this equates to "Trump 4d chess" grabbin free publicity lol dumb MSM. No, he's just talking shit again like always. The media freakout is their own separate dysfunction but also a byproduct he benefits from to a great degree.

I happen to agree with Trump that mail in voting is more susceptible to voter fraud but mentioning suspending the election is a stupid way to go about it. Dictator-like sentences from ANY leaders bring "fuck you" to my brain's forefront.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Obama and Bush did more to actually undermine the Constitution than Trump has even bullshitted about doing.
    Bush did it with his "aw shucks, did I do that?" act (much like Jimmah Carter) and Obama did it with his Wilsonian fake erudite schtick.
    Trump is just a mash-up of Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt with a Twitter account.

Unfortunately they all can't be like Ike.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dems heads are exploding. I think even some GOP heads may be exploding. At least the ones who want to keep control of the senate.

I'll bet the very next thing he says regarding the election is he won't leave office because it was a fraudulent (fake) election. Actually he's already building up to that by saying vote-by-mail is a conspiracy by democrats to steal the election.

He's a master, no doubt about it. How else could anyone make a billion dollars by duping investors and bankers? People are so gullible it almost makes me cry.
    Completely agree. Trump is using the opposition's tactic against them (offer up inflammatory rhetoric that he knows cannot possibly come to fruition) and they're reacting as he wants. That anyone falls for the portrayal of him as an idiot (which causes them to underestimate him) makes them, especially the media, look like fools.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Obama and Bush did more to actually undermine the Constitution than Trump has even bullshitted about doing.
    Bush did it with his "aw shucks, did I do that?" act (much like Jimmah Carter) and Obama did it with his Wilsonian fake erudite schtick.
    Trump is just a mash-up of Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt with a Twitter account.

Unfortunately they all can't be like Ike.
    Whatever Bush and Obama did have no bearing on this issue.

I view Trump even talking about fucking with elections the same way I view Beto saying hell yes I’m coming for your guns. Both are completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I don't think this equates to "Trump 4d chess" grabbin free publicity lol dumb MSM. No, he's just talking shit again like always. The media freakout is their own separate dysfunction but also a byproduct he benefits from to a great degree.
    Well put. It doesn't take a genius to manipulate the idiot media in this country. Children have been manipulating their parents since parenting was a thing, often expertly so.

All it takes is Trump's knowledge that the media have a blinding, searing hatred of him and that they will jump at anything to get him.

And the media respond with a 'knee-jerk'. Every. Single. Time.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 07-30-2020 at 10:40 AM.

User Tag List