Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Trump Proposes Delaying Election

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    He did ok in the 80s-early90s NYC real estate, but hardly exceptional given a healthy boost from Dad, but then self destructed in Altantic City but lucky for him, his non-stop decade of self-promotion had convinced banks he was a genius and they lent him way too much, and they had no choice but to prop him up because a complete default would have been a massive disaster to them. They did manage to put him on an allowance.

Then no one would lend him money at all. He held on with reduced properties, but many "Trump" properties just paid him a royalty to keep the name. Which is brilliant in a way. No bank had any faith in him, but his brand was worth something. Then he did a bunch of promotions to earn some scratch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmAcULPMu4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYqFaygkGU

I'm sure that was just to earn a little Big Mac money, because an he is unquestionably awesome businessman, not because this was basically his job now.

Y'know, being a salesman.

He kept this up for over a decade.

Then he got The Apprentice, where he was put on soundstages and he played "formidable businessman."

Then he realized his image had been completely rehabilitated and he sold birtherism because he saw an opportunity. Fox News watchers ate it up like candy.

Y'know, you are right. I started composing this screed with "he's a shit businessman" as an assumed ending point. But that isn't true. If a successful prostitute is a successful businesswoman, Trump is an amazing businessman.

He managed to sell himself as a strong, successful leader. That's amazing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper.../#6b7044142a01

Then his through lack of knowledge of what many conservatives hold scared bit him in his fat ass.

Yes I'm gloating. I've been waiting for 3.5 years for him to really shoot himself in both feet.

Not saying Biden is a lock for the Presidency, because I don't think a complete self-destruct on the Dem side can't happen in the next few months either.

If it does, I might question my deep-seated atheism.
    You're right. Donald Trump was never widely considered to be an extremely successful businessman.

We were always at war with Eurasia.

Pick up that can.

Here's my highly subjective perception of how Trump was viewed as a businessman back in the day. To put this in perspective, I graduated from high school in 1988. My recollection of Trump at that time was that he was the poster boy for '80s excess - get rich however you can, don't mind the wreckage you leave in your wake, flaunt it. As a teenager, I would have named him if you asked me who the richest person in the world was.

Sometime in the early to mid '90s, the bubble seemed to burst and the glitter flaked off. He flew too close to the sun, gambled too much, lost just about everything. There was some big scandal when he left Ivana for Marla Maples. People had previously seen him as a ruthless but effective businessman; now he was seen as a victim of his own hubris, a cautionary tale, the guy who had it all but blew it because it still wasn't enough for him. For me at least, he kind of dropped off the radar.

Late 90s, early 2000s, he was a washed up has-been, still famous for being famous but kind of a joke. A guy who didn't know when it was time to just throw in the towel and retire with some dignity. Professional wrestling and Howard Stern, cameos in cheesy movies and sitcoms. I pretty much stopped following pop culture around this time, and didn't have any broadcast or cable TV in my home, but I remember hearing about him being on this reality TV show, "The Apprentice," which I took as confirmation he'd hit rock bottom and would maintain at the level of people like Danny Bonaduce and Corey Feldman. I never actually saw the show but the thought of it made me cringe. When I heard he was running for president I had pretty much the same response as I did when I heard Kanye West was "running for president."

Oops, wrong thread, delete

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...election_.html

maybe not 4D chess, but certainly Trump's chess to their nose picking.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Trump's been using this shock tactic for 4 years. It got him elected when ALL OF CABLE NEWS picked up on the revenue possibilities.
    fixed.

The election for president happens on December 14th in the Electoral College, not in November. And all of this must happen before January 20th. That is the last day of his term. If he is not elected by the Electoral College before then he is no longer president.

Congress sets the day of the elections. The president can ask for it to be change but congress would have to do it.

Article II

Section 1

Clause 2
    Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

Clause 4
    The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    fixed.
    Outside of joke threads, I really think we should lay off "fixing" other people's posts...especially since it's still attributed to them. Even when relatively innocuous. Not a poke at you @randyho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    You're right. Donald Trump was never widely considered to be an extremely successful businessman.

We were always at war with Eurasia.

Pick up that can.
    I thought I already kicked the shit out of it.

No thanks.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...election_.html

maybe not 4D chess, but certainly Trump's chess to their nose picking.
    I think the analysis here is more accurate:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-the-election/
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

spin, like opinions, is like assholes... everyone has at least one.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List