Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Proposes Delaying Election

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Trump Proposes Delaying Election

From BBC News:

Donald Trump has called for November's presidential election to be postponed, saying increased postal voting could lead to fraud and inaccurate results.

He suggested a delay until people can "properly, securely and safely" vote.

There is little evidence to support Mr Trump's claims but he has long railed against mail-in voting which he has said would be susceptible to fraud.

US states want to make postal voting easier due to public health concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.
    I'm hoping this is another case of Trump talking out loud without having any idea what's going on.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Name:  Capture.jpeg
Views: 784
Size:  44.7 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I do not like this idea. It plays right into the fascist dictator role the far left has created for President Trump. “Look, now he’s postponing the election just like we said he would. He wants to be president for life.”
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I think it's another one of his thinking out loud but not going to do it. Also, I don't think he has the authority to make it happen. Elections are held at the state level, not federal and the constitution sets the date day of the presidential and house, senate voting.

But this gives the dems more gas to throw on the fire.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Doesn't that require a change in the law? I thought the election date is written into the law...?

I really don't understand how, almost 5 years into his political career, otherwise smart people don't understand what he's doing and play into it.

The Veep pick will be announced this weekend. He's getting himself and his name in the news cycle/Twitter feed/public discussion ahead of that to blunt any publicity momentum that might bring. This is how he got elected President against the determined opposition of both parties kingmakers.

I don't get how people continue to have serious discussion about DJT Twitter blurbs. I can see falling for it for a year or two. At this point if you're still going 'OMG Twitter!' you're just addicted to outrage dopamine rushes.

Site Supporter
    I have much respect for Trump. He’s fighting the greatest threat we face as a nation, the left. At times, I just wish he would stop thinking out loud. The election date should not be changed. Hell, we shouldn’t even have early voting.

Besides, the left is more likely to panic* about the virus, which means less of them may show up to vote.

*panic not worry. Taking personal precautions is not panic. Not showing up to vote is. Just wanted to clarify due to other posts I’ve made.

If you can’t make it to the polls, you shouldn’t vote. I’m sorry, but there has to be standards.

Regardless of political posturing and gamesmanship, even making a joking aside regarding the possibility of delaying or otherwise interfering with elections is no way to garner favor with his base, let alone those on the fence.

Frankly, if you want to foster insurrection, that's the best way to bring it about. (Hell, I'd be on the barricades myself at that point.)

It's reckless and ignorant in the extreme to play this game. No sitting president should ever go there. Period.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I have much respect for Trump. He’s fighting the greatest threat we face as a nation, the left. At times, I just wish he would stop thinking out loud. The election date should not be changed. Hell, we shouldn’t even have early voting.

Besides, the left is more likely to panic* about the virus, which means less of them may show up to vote.

*panic not worry. Taking personal precautions is not panic. Not showing up to vote is. Just wanted to clarify due to other posts I’ve made.

If you can’t make it to the polls, you shouldn’t vote. I’m sorry, but there has to be standards.
    Trump does mail in voting...fyi.
    The President has no authority over the election. Period, end of story.

He really needs to keep this up though. Its very motivating. But he has to keep it raising the bar. His last retweet and defense of a "doctor" who thinks endometriosis is caused by demons, well thats really hard to top.

Either Trump wants the media to start talking about mail in voting, or he's doing something else behind the curtain while the media screeches about his tweet.
    I guarantee there is absolutely zero thoughts in his head about actually delaying the election.
    Trump is a master of using Twitter to manipulate the blue checks into talking about what he wants talked about and/or as a distraction.
    I just can't believe how many people still fall for it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List