Thread: VZ wrap around grip J-frame S&W

VZ wrap around grip J-frame S&W

Checking various websites and specifically have a question about these VZ grips. Has anyone tried these VZ Operator II wrap around grips. If so, thoughts?

https://vzgrips.com/products/s-w-j-f...ator-ii-1.html

Site Supporter
    I don't think I have the Operator II stocks, I'm not that cool or tactical anymore. The wrap around VZ stocks I do have are quite comfortable in the hand but are almost as big as the J-frame its self. At least to my eyes it just about doubles the size of the gun. Made it completely unsuitable for pocket carry. Perhaps the "Operator II" is more usable.

YMMV,
    Dave

@Dave T

Thanks for your comment. The picture of those grips on the j-frame is confirmed by your comments. They give the shooter more to hold onto, but makes the revolver less concealable.

I think you found your answer but yeah those grips turn a J frame into a belt only gun. And if it’s something like 640 that may make sense but I ended up with non wrap around VZs and they are perfect for me.

Also I tried the OP IIs on a 1911 before and yeah they are aggressive in the sense they’ll rub a hole in your side IWB but I found them slippery. Maybe it’s just me but large texture like that doesn’t work as soon as it gets wet or sweaty. I much prefer the tactical diamonds or similar type of texture, it provides that nice chalky feel.

Thanks NPV for your hands-on experience! I am starting to narrow down my choices.

Site Supporter
    I bought a set of their 320s for a 642. Yes, they do make the gun a little bigger, but I felt that it was a good tradeoff for an increase in control. I have medium sized hands, and while I admittedly suck at shooting S&W J frames, they felt much less squirmy compared to the stock boot grips while dry firing, and they're easier to grab at speed.

Name:  20200320_202606.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  62.8 KB

-edited to comply with forum rules - BehindBlueI's
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 07-31-2020 at 06:48 AM.

User Tag List