Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Just listening to her voice is like...

...the lies just amplify the effect.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    My issue with the above linked article is that it compares the US economy to the Euro Zone, which was not what Senator Harris claimed.

The president’s mismanagement of the pandemic has plunged us into the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
    If the author wants to argue about the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, use US examples, such as the 2008 meltdown. Do not say it is not as bad here as in Germany or the UK as Senator Harris said nothing about foreign governments in the quoted sentence. Strictly speaking, the economic collapse is the worst based on job losses and economic contraction since the Great Depression. But then point to the resiliency of the economy and the measures taken quickly, which were not taken at first during the Great Depression, to show leadership.

Yes, Senator Harris lied. But do not deflect in the rebuttal. Use facts and arguments that show action from the Trump Administration. Talk about how state and local decisions shut down businesses. On the school issue, explain that schools are under the purview of state and local governments as opposed to blaming unions. Unions can lobby, but I am not aware of any that are striking over COVID-19. Threats of strikes are one thing, but the governments are making the decisions. Call their bluff. So the blame, if any, for both shutdowns and schools is with state and local governments.

Do not counter lies with more lies and deflections; use the truth to show the holes in the statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So that "lies repeatedly" sounds a lot like she had her own Massacre at Bowling Green moment. But since it is The National Review, the lies are more like some nerd pushing their taped glasses back up to the bridge of their nose and saying "ackshually Ebola wasn't a pandemic, it was an outbreak".

...And then a bunch of "it's not Trump's fault" to what seem to be misrepresentations of her attacks on his leadership during covid-19.

“Just look where [Trump and Mike Pence] have gotten us. . . . Millions of kids who cannot go back to school,” Harris said.

Wrong. It is not Donald Trump’s decision whether kids go back to school, because the federal government does not run schools, but he has urged the schools to reopen. The primary reason kids cannot go back to school is opposition from teachers’ unions. The second-largest teachers’ union is threatening to strike if schools reopen.
    To which any retort would be "millions of kids can't go back to school because Trump botched this mess." Whether you believe that, agree with it, or don't it is not some outright falsifiable statement.

We're two and a half months until election day, and as bizarre as it may seem there are still nearly 7-10% of the electorate as undecideds. You're gonna need them. A lot. Bullshit headlines that don't stand up to any critique before falling apart isn't gonna win that 7-10%.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was talking with a friend tonight, and he said can you believe Biden picked Harris after what she said about him during that debate. My response was, what makes you think Biden remembers that.
    This is not uncommon.
    Johnson - Kennedy
    Reagan - Bush
    Obama - HRC as Sec State

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You were, perhaps, expecting otherwise?

(I didn't think so.)
    I expected the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If Trump style won the last election there's no reason it won't work for dems. I have a feeling the biggest liar will win this election. They're off to a grand start.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    The last President with more than an accidental relationship with the truth-Carter?

The last time a presidential politician had some semblance of honor when dealing or not dealing with an opponent-Jeb Bush.( In stark contrast to Ted Cruz for example vis a vis POTUS and statement re TCs wife and father? John Kasich vis a vis not attending the convention in his own state?

Us normal people not blinded by the inappropriate pursuit of power and excess tend to take people at their word re personally directed negative comments

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time”-Maya Angelou

Politicians-not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I gotta say, aside from being a POC and a woman as qualifiers, I overlooked Sen. Harris left-wing record. The Federalst Mollie Hemingway sums this up up pretty well.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/12...-state-voters/

The Federalist Senior Editor Mollie Hemingway took aim at Sen. Kamala Harris’ far-left record on “The Ingraham Angle” Tuesday night, after Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden announced Harris as his running mate.

“There’s a reason why Republicans seem a little more excited by this pick than Democrats do,” Hemingway said, adding that Biden should have picked a moderate if he wanted to attract the voters that Hillary Clinton lost in 2016. “Instead, he made a decision to go for a far-left, California Democrat.
    Skimming Twitter this morning, someone (I forget who to give credit to) observed that the labeling of Harris as a moderate and a progressive may not be just disinformation or spin by the DNC and the main stream media but rather an indication of just how far both have swung to the far left that they perceive her as such. Just like how they see Trump as a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Skimming Twitter this morning, someone (I forget who to give credit to) observed that the labeling of Harris as a moderate and a progressive may not be just disinformation or spin by the DNC and the main stream media but rather an indication of just how far both have swung to the far left that they perceive her as such. Just like how they see Trump as a conservative.
    That’s a really good point.

At the end of the day though, the Democratic Platform defines the Party’s position. I’m sure Sen. Harris will get behind it (and she should, being on the ticket.). So, if her portrayal by the MSM as a ‘moderate’ can convince swing voters in swing states to vote D, it will help Joe win.

Either way, if that happens, next year we’re still going to have:

- The White House Summit on Reimagining Police

- The White House Summit on Racial Justice

- The White House Summit on Climate Justice

- The White House Summit on Sensible Gun Laws

- The White House Summit on Undocumented Immigrants

- The White House Summit on Transgender Rights

...and so on, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    This is not uncommon.
    Johnson - Kennedy
    Reagan - Bush
    Obama - HRC as Sec State
    None of those folks accused the presidential candidate of rape.

Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    None of those folks accused the presidential candidate of rape.
    Is he running for President or the Senate?

https://youtu.be/WqS4m-8B4IQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List