Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I think she fooled him with the facelift.

Like two years from now, his eyes are going to narrow, and he’ll pause, and lift a finger, and say “it was YOU!”
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  28AE2201-2469-499D-8355-E75978112F24.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  49.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The way my mom explained it to me is:" The schlemiel spills the soup. The schlimazel gets it in his lap."
    OK, I will work on the pronunciation because that is a set of sentences I must use myself one day.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    No, that's too sensible. Think crazy FB Flatearther Antivaxxer level stuff, the kind of illogical, easily debunked stuff that distracts from the actual problems with her record.
    She's a cannibalistic reptilian!

Although that's probably already up on some QAnon-adjacent site.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I think that’s a fantastic point that I am totally going to steal: both sides have offensively stupid conspiracy theories that gain at least a little momentum. The difference is that those notions on the right die on Rush Limbaugh’s lips; on the left they occupy the attention of congress and the media for twelve to eighteen months.
    Trump made it all the way to the GOP nomination with "birther" theories presented over and over on Fox.

And our current president re-tweets material from QAnon, a "source" which does a good simulation of paranoid schizophrenia, complete with numerology and theories about cannibalistic child-raping Democrats that Trump is fighting "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"-style. A few QAnon followers are breaking into elected official or close status right now. (They aren't hiding what they believe either.) This has been going on for years now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53747851

The video with doc with the crazy demon sperm theories was more an example of "no research" on Trump's part, admittedly. But he did publicly endorse a woman with some obviously batshit views.

The biggest common delusion shared between the political right and left is "well, for the most part, my worldview and opinions are pretty much always based on objective truth and rationality, and those other folks only believe what they do because they have low IQs and/or are suffering from a mental disorder, or they are JUST PLAIN EVIL!"

Irrationality is quite evenly spread across the ideological spectrum, because it's a universal human problem.

Both right and left seem to go all weird about JFK's assassination. It was Oswald. It wasn't a particularly hard shot. The "magic bullet" looks just like a bullet that tumbled through two bodies when you see it's squished appearance from nose-first, not a side-shot. Get over it, America.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Trump made it all the way to the GOP nomination with "birther" theories presented over and over on Fox.
    The whole birther theory came to life in the spring of 2008 (Actually even earlier):
    " Clinton’s former senior aide Patti Solis Doyle acknowledged that a volunteer coordinator in Iowa forwarded a birther-related email. “Hillary made the decision immediately let that person go,” she said. “We let that person go. It was so beyond the pale of the campaign Hillary wanted to run and that we as a staff wanted to run that I called David Plouffe who was managing Barack Obama to apologize to say this is not coming from us, that this was rogue volunteer.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...clinton-228304
    Last edited by cheby; 08-13-2020 at 12:26 AM.

I gotta say, aside from being a POC and a woman as qualifiers, I overlooked Sen. Harris left-wing record. The Federalst Mollie Hemingway sums this up up pretty well.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/12...-state-voters/

The Federalist Senior Editor Mollie Hemingway took aim at Sen. Kamala Harris’ far-left record on “The Ingraham Angle” Tuesday night, after Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden announced Harris as his running mate.

“There’s a reason why Republicans seem a little more excited by this pick than Democrats do,” Hemingway said, adding that Biden should have picked a moderate if he wanted to attract the voters that Hillary Clinton lost in 2016. “Instead, he made a decision to go for a far-left, California Democrat.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You were, perhaps, expecting otherwise?

(I didn't think so.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

She’s vulnerable as the Cali AG who put many POC behind bars. She’s for an immediate AWB. She’s in favor of complete coverage for health and safety for all illegal aliens.
    Reaching back to my earlier point, ProgressivePunch rates her 4th most liberal in the Senate, just ahead of Elizabeth Warren in 5th.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate

Ahead. Of. Elizabeth Warren. A moderate she is not.

User Tag List