Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Biden picks Kamala Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really don't like this meme. We can do better than this. Criticize her for her politics.
    At least it wasn't Joe Blow.

BTW, I agree with you, fwiw.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I really don't like this meme. We can do better than this. Criticize her for her politics.
    You mean like this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...suit-of-power/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...s-no-moderate/
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

My prediction: If Biden wins, he'll serve a decent length of time-assuming his condition doesn't deteriorate-and he'll be removed to much weeping and lamentation about his life of service and his accomplishments.
    Then Kamala steps in and picks the wookie as her VP.
    Kamala is reelected if she plays ball. If not, Moochelle will be crowned.
    So that gives us a couple years of Joe, then potentially 10 years of Kamala(serve out Joe's term, then reelected twice.
    Then we get Obama2 for 8 years.

At some point in that dire double decade, America dies, and the savages will squat and shit on the corpse of the dream of liberty.

I feel kind of sick looking at it written down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Exactly. This makes me want to vote against her. Calling her a 'ho' makes me want to defend her.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Exactly. This makes me want to vote against her. Calling her a 'ho' makes me want to defend her.
    Can we say she used her Female Privilege to advance her career?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Can we say she used her Female Privilege to advance her career?
    Makes sense to me.

I'm just trying to point out how the Joe/Ho meme made me feel. I think it's really counterproductive. It will convince women that Harris is being abused by sexist, rightwing assholes who like Trump. And it will make some men want to defend her from the insult.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Geez. Next thing they're going to ban Leprechaun jokes.

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Geez. Next thing they're going to ban Leprechaun jokes.

j/k
    Only for a short time
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Makes sense to me.

I'm just trying to point out how the Joe/Ho meme made me feel. I think it's really counterproductive. It will convince women that Harris is being abused by sexist, rightwing assholes who like Trump. And it will make some men want to defend her from the insult.
    While I agree with this argument in general, I'd like to point out that regardless of how nice we're trying to be, they will do anything to destroy us personally. One reason why Romney lost, for example, is he was too nice, constantly apologizing, explaining, and justifying. It didn't work. They attacked him personally and destroyed him as bigoted, sexist, and so on. I think we crossed the line a long time ago. They only thing that is stopping them is assured mutual destruction.

The attack on Harris career advancement is a legit political move. The meme is nothing more than political satire. You could say it is ruthless but it's actually nothing compared to what the left does daily. Remember Kathy Griffin? How about Jimmy Kimmel's jokes about the holster for Putin's dick?? (Google it). And so on. That's the reality today. We are not going to win by being nice. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    While I agree with this argument in general, I'd like to point out that regardless of how nice we're trying to be, they will do anything to destroy us personally. One reason why Romney lost, for example, is he was too nice, constantly apologizing, explaining, and justifying. It didn't work. They attacked him personally and destroyed him as bigoted, sexist, and so on. I think we crossed the line a long time ago. They only thing that is stopping them is assured mutual destruction.

The attack on Harris career advancement is a legit political move. The meme is nothing more than political satire. You could say it is ruthless but it's actually nothing compared to what the left does daily. Remember Kathy Griffin? How about Jimmy Kimmel's jokes about the holster for Putin's dick?? (Google it). And so on. That's the reality today. We are not going to win by being nice. Unfortunately.
    I think I'm with @Clusterfrack on this one. We have enough metaphorical ammunition that we don't need to descend into (crude) political satire, as true as it may be.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List