Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proposed class: "Self Defense & the Law - Practical Applications"

If you make this happen somewhere in CT when I'm not traveling somewhere else, I'll be there.

Do you know any police officers who'd be willing to role-play the responding officer? If you have him/her outside the room and come in to question the participant and various witnesses you described and outline what would go in the report, that could be hugely eye opening.

You should give Jon Green at GOAL-Massachusetts a call. He and the late Darius Arbabi (a MA attorney) did a similar though not as extensive class called 'The Art of Concealed Carry'. (It also included some basic info on gun and holster options.)

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    If you make this happen somewhere in CT when I'm not traveling somewhere else, I'll be there.

Do you know any police officers who'd be willing to role-play the responding officer? If you have him/her outside the room and come in to question the participant and various witnesses you described and outline what would go in the report, that could be hugely eye opening.

You should give Jon Green at GOAL-Massachusetts a call. He and the late Darius Arbabi (a MA attorney) did a similar though not as extensive class called 'The Art of Concealed Carry'. (It also included some basic info on gun and holster options.)
    I can arrange for this to happen...

Love it. Having gone through one of your awesome "on the phone" lectures, I really dig the idea of realistic/simulated case studies after the lecture, complete with cop interviews and maybe a mock mini-trial. In fact, I'd like to see a case study evolve during the lecture, where you tell more and more of the story as the lecture progresses, so you kind of weave the story into the lecture. For myself, I think that would breathe some life into the theoretical/lecture part and help me retain it and apply it during the case studies that follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    What is reasonable when it comes to using force?;
    And I might fly to CT for the class if you call this block of instruction "Press Out or Punch Out?"
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Sounds like a great idea! It would be awesome for other people at a distance to be able to participate through skype or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I'd like to know how to define "reasonable." For instance, over and over again I'm told gun control schemes like assault rifle bans are "reasonable" yet in light of our experience with Prohibition and the War on Drugs, I can't quite bring myself to regard such legislation as "reasonable."

So anyways, how would such a class be administered?
    So, you would want a lot of material on how the term reasonable is applied to a use of force incident, and how tactics and law can be reconsiled into something usable for you?

If this class is close by enough I'd be interested in taking it, and acting as whatever police officer you need someone to play during questioning/initial response/etc etc
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter

How didi it go?

I'm a fairly new member and I was just scrolling through old topics when this one caught my eye.
    Did you have the class? How did it go?
    I'm going to start looking for something like it here in NE Texas. sounds like a class I'd like to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'm a fairly new member and I was just scrolling through old topics when this one caught my eye.
    I'm going to start looking for something like it here in NE Texas. sounds like a class I'd like to take.
    Not yet.

My life ambushed me, and I had to deal with some stuff.

It's back on the front burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Not exactly NE Texas but Massad Ayoob will have his MAG 20 class in Victoria in a few weeks:
    http://massadayoobgroup.com/?page_id=121
    I would be going if work hadn't screwed me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I am in MA and am willing to travel to CT to take this course

User Tag List