Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New tactics in use by rioters/protesters to assault LE

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I would agree. I understand the temptation to get new firearms out in the field, but better to wait until your unit is fully outfitted. I also suspect many holster makers would pull out all the stops to be the one who supplied duty holsters to USMS SOG.

Not to further derail this, but what duty weapons are the rest of the Marshals Service now carrying?
    Transitioning to Glock 17M/19M’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

This 28 minute video shows a mashup of a bunch of clips with no commentary or voiceover of the nightly situation in Portland. Some were from the Federal vantage point...
    Great content. I hadn’t seen the hammer attack. I hope that individual is going to do hard time.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Great content. I hadn’t seen the hammer attack. I hope that individual is going to do hard time.
    At what time was the hammer attack?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Anybody know why those CPD officers at the base of the statute were not wearing helmets and eyepro?
    My question too. No helmets, goggles or gloves??? Watching what has transpired in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta and other locales...

The tactics are not really new. Any student of antiquity - the tactics mirror phalanx/Roman close order. Shield wall with relays of missilemen. The Greeks used light skirmishes “psiloi” who would discharge javelins or slingers using lead shot.

I feel for those officers especially eye injuries.

The laser wielders should be in jail.
    #RESIST

Great video compilation. Just presenting what is being seen.

Many good scenes, but especially enjoyable at 25:00 when “I’m a nice girl from Wisconsin” finally earned her zip-cuffs. She was really applying herself - and the Feds were being very patient. Props to those on the line - sucks infinitely more than we can imagine.

And, the food is Portland really isn’t that good.
    Pretty much everything is overrated about the PDX except the smell - pot and mildew, that omnipresent odor might have the acrid CN smell cutting the hemp a bit this summer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    USMS SOG. That's the Marshall Service equivalent of the FBI's HRT. They're going to have the nice gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I would agree. I understand the temptation to get new firearms out in the field, but better to wait until your unit is fully outfitted. I also suspect many holster makers would pull out all the stops to be the one who supplied duty holsters to USMS SOG.

Not to further derail this, but what duty weapons are the rest of the Marshals Service now carrying?
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Transitioning to Glock 17M/19M’s.
    Issued 17M/19Ms replacing issued G22/G23s. POW 9mm Glocks with RMR or DPP approved for all DUSMs fro about 2 years. the first fed agency to do so for line personnel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    Great video compilation. Just presenting what is being seen.

Many good scenes, but especially enjoyable at 25:00 when “I’m a nice girl from Wisconsin” finally earned her zip-cuffs. She was really applying herself - and the Feds were being very patient. Props to those on the line - sucks infinitely more than we can imagine.

And, the food is Portland really isn’t that good.
    Pretty much everything is overrated about the PDX except the smell - pot and mildew, that omnipresent odor might have the acrid CN smell cutting the hemp a bit this summer.
    Many of the 43 arrested so far on federal charges are nor from PDX/OR, including one Canadian national.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-30-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    At what time was the hammer attack?
    About 17:50

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Anybody know why those CPD officers at the base of the statute were not wearing helmets and eyepro?
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankinCA View Post
    My question too. No helmets, goggles or gloves??? Watching what has transpired in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta and other locales...

The tactics are not really new. Any student of antiquity - the tactics mirror phalanx/Roman close order. Shield wall with relays of missilemen. The Greeks used light skirmishes “psiloi” who would discharge javelins or slingers using lead shot.

I feel for those officers especially eye injuries.
    The Good Idea Fairy; SJW edition.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-ha...-fop-catanzara

Per the Chicago Police Union CPD Officers were specifically ordered not to wear Riot protective gear because it was considered intimidating and provocative by the city administration.

"They were more worried about the protesters and their demands and concerns than the health and well-being of my officers,” Catanzara said.
    They have apparently reversed course. It only took a few dozen injured officers....

Chicago Police Ordered to Wear Protective Gear at Future Protests]

https://www.policemag.com/565341/chi...TTW%20reports.

Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown is ordering his officers to wear “any and all protective gear” during future protests in the city following a mob assault Friday against police guarding the Christopher Columbus statue in Grant Park.

During the Friday incident, officers were not wearing riot gear or carrying shields.

Officials said 18 officers were hospitalized for injuries received in the attack, another 31 officers suffered less serious injuries. A dozen people were arrested.

Superintendent Brown said officers faced organized mob action “designed to provoke violent responses” during a protest that started peacefully but turned violent, WTTW reports.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-30-2020 at 10:26 PM.

User Tag List