Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New tactics in use by rioters/protesters to assault LE

Attachment 58064

*trigger warning: nerdcore humor*

I know this mirrors actual tactics being used out there--but anyone else get a heavy feeling of "what LARP/RPGs does this person play?"

"Mages," "Ranged" and "Shield" soldiers? WTF? It reads like a description of PC classes from an RPG. (Feels good to be an expert on something here, for once, )

And "online comms?" They should be relaying tactical not strategic updates, and good luck with that once chaos ensues.

I really wonder if the creator of this poster has done much protesting/demonstrating/rioting under duress. I'm guessing they are a single-classed "designer."

If I could give them advice I'd say "you forgot the all-important 'prestige class' of Martyr that any of the above classes can take once they have taken enough Hit Point damage from "Police" or "CC Citizen" NWCs (Non Woke Characters). Keep in mind your "mages" can't cast 'raise dead.'"

This has certainly has been a banner year. Who would think anyone would come up with a crossover between a D&D Players Guide and The Anarchist's Cookbook?
    Last edited by Baldanders; 07-29-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Speaking of equipment... STI 2011’s with Taran basepads?
    Looks ripe for the picking in that type of environment too

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Looks ripe for the picking in that type of environment too
    You go first.

Seriously though, I’d assume that the holster is, like, level 7 retention: 4 on the holster, plus the operator, some buddies, a dog...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You go first.

Seriously though, I’d assume that the holster is, like, level 7 retention: 4 on the holster, plus the operator, some buddies, a dog...
    That's a hard pass sir, but I like to think I have more sense than the average Antifa member thanks.

It doesn't appear to have much in the way of active retention and I believe I'd seen similar discussed here elsewhere.

Site Supporter
    Based on my discussion with a SOG member when I shot his gun in Jan, 2020, when the guns were first put out in the field late last year, it was issued with that holster made by a midwest based kydex holster maker.
    IIRC, I was told that more "secure" offerings were not available at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

If I could give them advice I'd say "you forgot the all-important 'prestige class' of Martyr
    I've seen other info that keeps the "peaceful protestor" up front to become sympathetic victims of LE. The intel/commo groups were listening to SPPD and relaying info about LE movement to riot leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Kind of sort of looks very similar to skirmish lines from pretty much throughout history. Shield wall as a barrier. People from the rear using spears and such to skewer folks through the shield wall. Toss projectiles from beyond arms reach but protected. Rear guard, medics, engineers...

If memory serves these tactics were defeated by quick, aggressive flanking attacks and eventually heavy mounted cavalry wreaking havoc. Far from a historian though.
    They know LE wont ride them down with lancers and cavalry, or rain arrows from longbows.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Anybody know why those CPD officers at the base of the statute were not wearing helmets and eyepro?
    Initially it was the bike unit that was there. When things went south they called for help and the beat officers responded. They do not normally have helmets with them although that has changed since this incident

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    IIRC, I was told that more "secure" offerings were not available at that time.
    Then they weren’t ready for field use. A holster like that for a field unit is absolutely asinine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Then they weren’t ready for field use. A holster like that for a field unit is absolutely asinine.
    I would agree. I understand the temptation to get new firearms out in the field, but better to wait until your unit is fully outfitted. I also suspect many holster makers would pull out all the stops to be the one who supplied duty holsters to USMS SOG.

Not to further derail this, but what duty weapons are the rest of the Marshals Service now carrying?

This 28 minute video shows a mashup of a bunch of clips with no commentary or voiceover of the nightly situation in Portland. Some were from the Federal vantage point...

User Tag List