Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New tactics in use by rioters/protesters to assault LE

New tactics in use by rioters/protesters to assault LE

I thought we could make this an intel thread, of sorts.

You can see the new use of umbrellas, projectiles, etc from 7:20 to 11:20 or so in this video. The other side is absolutely organized and evolving their tactics. Pay attention.

#RESIST

Saw this diagram floating around

Name:  1D466641-060B-4A4A-9F64-6CF6C01BD28C.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  65.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Anybody know why those CPD officers at the base of the statute were not wearing helmets and eyepro?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I found this elsewhere, and found it quite interesting. It's a sort of organizational breakdown of how the Portland rioters are using optics as part of their information war. It reminds me a bit of how Al-Quaida worked among the various populations of disaffected Muslims.

I'd be curious what the LEO folks think of this analysis.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...400614400.html

Questions: 1) where are they getting their funding and organizational direction from? and 2) Are State level politicians like Wheeler, Gov. Brown, and say, our own Keith Ellison involved at a level deeper than merely offering public approval?
    I know that this forum is restricted to LE folks, but I have a strong background in both counter-insurgency and marketing, so I'll add a few comments in hopes of helping my brothers in blue. Happy to STFU and take it elsewhere if so directed by mods.

These strategies are easily flipped.

You flip the "decision dilemma" and “play to an audience that isn’t there” strategies with a strong PIO campaign to get the truth out there. NOT a version showing your people in a good light, but a version that's as close to the objective truth as you can get--think Uncle Walter Cronkite. Unfortunately, the MSM can no longer help here so this must be done internally by people who are skilled at aggregating feeds and responding to them dispassionately. Again, this only works is if you're as objective as humanly possible. The recent DHS press conference was a great example of this, but they need to hammer home those talking points.

You flip “lead with sympathetic characters” by constantly informing audiences of the cost of these actions. You have two sympathetic characters: the taxpayer who ultimately pays to repair riot damage, and the people who live in the neighborhoods that would have benefitted from redistributing police budgets. Continually pose the question, “How will we pay for this damage, which has now reached $XXX million that could have gone into the communities that need it?" A graphic like the thermometer you always see at fundraisers leaps to mind.

Any department who expects this type of trouble can start get ahead of it by executing these strategies in all possible channels and in the MSM (to the extent possible) before trouble erupts. LEAs don't need the element of surprise so getting ahead of the antifa OODA loop is an excellent idea, but you have to start now.

Mao said that the guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea, so reveal the guerrilla's true nature to the people before they arrive.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I know that this forum is restricted to LE folks
    It isn't. Per the sub-forum mission statement:

The Law Enforcement Section exists as a resource for the discussion of training and equipment for law enforcement officers in the performance of their sworn duties. All members of Pistol-Forum, whatever their profession, are welcome to participate in and contribute to the LE Section, but keep the discussion confined to the topics of LE training and equipment.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I stand corrected.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Saw this diagram floating around

Name:  1D466641-060B-4A4A-9F64-6CF6C01BD28C.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  65.2 KB
    Kind of sort of looks very similar to skirmish lines from pretty much throughout history. Shield wall as a barrier. People from the rear using spears and such to skewer folks through the shield wall. Toss projectiles from beyond arms reach but protected. Rear guard, medics, engineers...

If memory serves these tactics were defeated by quick, aggressive flanking attacks and eventually heavy mounted cavalry wreaking havoc. Far from a historian though.

But the biggest thing that defeats these strategies is a realization that you are in a fight.

I don’t think a lot of folks in these cities accept that they are in a fight.

Site Supporter
    It also looks like some of the discussion of Hong Kong demonstrations. Here's a summary, I found: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactic..._Kong_protests

Speaking of equipment... STI 2011’s with Taran basepads?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Speaking of equipment... STI 2011’s with Taran basepads?
    USMS SOG. That's the Marshall Service equivalent of the FBI's HRT. They're going to have the nice gear.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List