Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New tactics in use by rioters/protesters to assault LE

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The laser wielders should be in jail.
    100% agree. Getting hands on them would be an issue. But the real issue would be convincing a jury about the “serious bodily injury” part. They think lasers are like the cat toys and pointers used for power point. I suppose someone could articulate shooting someone using a laser with intent to blind an agent. But a jury would say “why did you shoot him, it’s just a light”. And the crowd would take any laser out of their hands and 30 would go on tv and swear he never had one.

On that note, even if you took gun fire from the crowd, and successfully hit the shooter, the crowd steal all the evidence and then go on TV about how there were zero shots fired and mean old officer just murdered them.

(I know I read back in the day the Kent State national guard claimed they had taken fire and heard shots zip by. Now I can’t find that on line. But I would not be shocked at all if it had happened. Someone baiting them into firing seems plausible given what I am seeing on tv today.)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    100% agree. Getting hands on them would be an issue. But the real issue would be convincing a jury about the “serious bodily injury” part. They think lasers are like the cat toys and pointers used for power point. I suppose someone could articulate shooting someone using a laser with intent to blind an agent. But a jury would say “why did you shoot him, it’s just a light”. And the crowd would take any laser out of their hands and 30 would go on tv and swear he never had one.

On that note, even if you took gun fire from the crowd, and successfully hit the shooter, the crowd steal all the evidence and then go on TV about how there were zero shots fired and mean old officer just murdered them.

(I know I read back in the day the Kent State national guard claimed they had taken fire and heard shots zip by. Now I can’t find that on line. But I would not be shocked at all if it had happened. Someone baiting them into firing seems plausible given what I am seeing on tv today.)
    They got hands on one of them and he has been formally charged so the USAO and federal magistrate judge were convinced. I posted a link to the criminal complaint in the laser thread.

I love about 8:25 when the fence climber finds out just how many pepperballs one body can absorb

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

They have apparently reversed course. It only took a few dozen injured officers....
    If I express the feeling that was a response to the cost associated with the police officers who were injured rather than actual concern about their lives and well being, would that mark me as a cynic?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I know that this forum is restricted to LE folks
    Fortunately, that's not been my experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    100% agree. Getting hands on them would be an issue. But the real issue would be convincing a jury about the “serious bodily injury” part. They think lasers are like the cat toys and pointers used for power point. I suppose someone could articulate shooting someone using a laser with intent to blind an agent. But a jury would say “why did you shoot him, it’s just a light”
    This will eventually change as soon as some psycho uses one to permanently blind a celebrity or sports star, or other person of notable national social status.

Until then I’m sure our friends here who are prosecuting attorneys probably have some ideas on how to convince a jury of the dangers of lasers.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Seeing this makes my stomach turn. The fact that democrats leaders in these shithole cities are allowing/encouraging this is disgusting.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

"Tools and Tactics in the Portland Protests - From Leaf Blowers and Umbrellas to Lasers, Ballons, and Power Tools"
    Note: This is from a anarchist website, and the viewpoint is extremely anti LE and anti-establishment. It also glosses over issues like permanent eye injuries from lasers, etc. However it might be of value to LE and PF readers.

https://crimethinc.com/2020/08/03/to...s-and-balloons

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They got hands on one of them and he has been formally charged so the USAO and federal magistrate judge were convinced. I posted a link to the criminal complaint in the laser thread.
    The USAO charged misdemeanor assault... The crowd has changed tactics with the lasers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimichanga View Post
    The USAO charged misdemeanor assault... The crowd has changed tactics with the lasers.
    Getting the USAO in Portland or Seattle to charge anything the past few years is a minor miracle.

User Tag List